As we continue to face the unprecedented Covid-19 crisis, our state and local communities are rallying together to meet the challenge. At First 5 we implore everyone to comply with the state and local shelter in place orders and to do everything possible to protect the health and well-being of our community. As the weather improves it is important to remember that even if you are at low risk of harm from the virus, by adhering to the shelter in place and related orders you are helping keep everyone healthy and safe.
At First 5 Santa Cruz County we are working on a number of fronts to support the well-being of young children and their families during this crisis.
- We continue to help enroll eligible newborns into Medi-Cal through our Baby Gateway Newborn Enrollment Program at all 3 hospitals in the county;
- We are organizing the provision of vital resources and supplies to our child care community in coordination with the County Office of Education’s Child Development Resource Center and Childhood Advisory Council;
- We are providing professional development opportunities to early care and education teachers (for example see the SEEDS class registration below);
- We are offering online parenting support opportunities like the Triple P workshops and family support resources highlighted in this newsletter;
- We continue to promote the vital importance of our community’s participation in the 2020 Census;
- We are highlighting opportunities for children and families to participate in fun and engaging activities like the First Partner’s Dia de los Libros Celebration Story Time this Thursday; and
- We continue to share opportunities for everyone to help out, like the diaper drive sponsored by Public Health’s Family Health Program that is featured in this newsletter.
The Covid-19 crisis is unprecedented and ongoing. It is our firm conviction that together will we emerge stronger and more interconnected than ever before.