First Press Weekly e-News
November 8, 2018
Our weekly e-news is a snapshot of what is happening in the near future here at FPC. If you have any questions please call the church office at 770-786-7321, or send us an e-mail
To view our weekly worship bulletins and monthly newsletters, click HERE.
ONLINE DIRECTORY Stay in touch with your FPC family by logging into REALM where you
will find an online directory and up-to-date records of your giving. If you don't already have a login for the site, contact Peni Kehoe at the church office via e-mail
FIND US ON FACEBOOK!
If you haven't seen our page on Facebook recently, please be sure to "like" us and add us to one of your "interest lists". Use the button below to find us.
Saturday, November 10th
At this month's stated meeting of the
Presbytery of Greater Atlanta
, the Rev. Billy Wade will be honored on the occasion of his retirement and will be presented with a proclamation from the FPC Session. The meeting will be held at
Clairmont Presbyterian Church
in Decatur. The proclamation will be read after lunch at around 12:45pm.
All are welcome to attend. Call the church office if you would like to carpool.
Sunday, November 11th
At this month's stated meeting of the Session will be held immediately following worship on Sunday. Our special guest for this meeting will be
Mark Roberson, Pastoral Transition Liaison for the Presbytery of Greater Atlanta.
Ministry Team reports should be submitted to Clerk of Session,
(and copied to Secretary,
) no later than
Thursday, November 8th
for inclusion in the docket.
Thanksgiving Blessing Dinner
Wednesday, November 14, 2018
A dinner of turkey and dressing will be served in the Fellowship Hall at 6:00pm. We ask that you bring a salad, side dish, or dessert to share. In addition to good food, there will be musical entertainment, a bit of trivia, good fellowship, and a sharing of spiritual blessings. You won't want to miss this special evening with your fellow believers!
Please make reservations by calling the church office at
so that we can make sure to have enough food for everyone. Or, fill out the insert in the church bulletin and drop it in the offering plate.
Would you be interested in participating in a group called "A Different Life"? Many of us are facing change and transition in our lives: widows, widowers,
loss of a loved one through death or even distance, change or loss of employment (even retirement), caregivers and others facing a different life than what
they've known in the past. It would be informal, simply time together to get to know one another and talk, sharing moments we'll have for caring and support.
If you are interested, please contact Anne Savage at 770-786-8058.
Stewardship Pledge Reminder
If you have not yet had an opportunity to submit a completed pledge card for this year's Stewardship Campaign, please do so as soon as possible so that our Session can begin making budget plans for the coming year.
Pledge cards are available at the church office or via download
. You may fill it out online and return it to the church via
, or bring it with you to worship on Sunday morning.
More Giving Opportunities
Santa Express: during the Christmas season, caring individuals and church organizations across the state donate toiletries and small gift items for the nursing care residents and other senior residents in need at Presbyterian Homes of Georgia. Click HERE for a list of items that are needed. You may bring your donations by the church office or drop them off in the narthex.
Thornwell Home for Children
. Pickup a cardboard turkey in the narthex, fill it with change and return it to the church office or the offering plate on any Sunday in November. The filled turkeys will be delivered to the children at the Clinton, SC campus of Thornwell.
Praise & Prayers
Our sympathy and prayers are with the family and friends of long time church member
who died Saturday, November 3, 2018.
A graveside service was held on Monday, November 5th at Lawnwood.
Please keep the following people and their families in your thoughts and prayers this week:
- Emma Bowen - Piedmont Newton (sister of Debbie Gossage)
- William Hessler - health issues (cousin of Warren Liem)
- Vanessa Carmichael - hip surgery (daughter of Patrick & Janet Carmichael)
- Howard Barton - home (step-father of Perri Walden)
- Pat Musarra - stroke (mother of Danielle Schubert)
- Paige Carmichael - surgery (daughter of Patrick & Janet Carmichael)
- Agnes Campbell - Riverside
- Florine DeConinck - surgery 10/19
- Williams Reavis - home (father-in-law of Steven Barnes)
- Anne Adams - multiple surgeries (sister-in-law of Gene Wallace)
- Diana Bradford - surgery (daughter of Reed Blakeney)
- Betty Lunsford - home
- Robbie Ashworth - brain tumor (son of Joyce Ashworth)
- Kim Floyd - home (mother of Chelsie Coggins)
- Russell Loveland - stroke (father of Caryn Thompson)
- Caleb Thompson - ill at college (son of Michael Thompson)
- Matt Cooper - CPD Officer injured in the line of duty; Shepherd Spinal Center
- Adriane Ivey - home
- Mark Fogarty - cancer
- Beverly Star Edmonds - cancer (mother of Steve Kapp)
- Spencer Boyd - cancer
- Angela Gregory - cancer (sister of Dave Gregory)
- Sharon Wallace - back surgery (sister of Debbie Gossage)
- Sophia Hawley--Cystic Fibrosis (home)
- Roger Gossage - home
- Tom Holmes - cancer (friend of Dan Walden)
- Clynton Byer - heart surgery (friend of the Ardis family)
- Brandon Massey - blood cancer (grandson of Chuck & Sherry Brasher)
- Jeanette Davis - hospice care (mother of Maria Davis)
- Ethan Lassiter - brain tumor (8 y.o. grandson of E.G. and Maryanne Lassiter)
- Anderson Krieger--chemotherapy at home
- Carol Baynes--cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Robin McKeown - cancer, friend of Phyllis Yoder
- Chuck Hodges--treatment for lymphoma (friend of Patti Lanford)
- Ron Swatty--heart problems (brother-in-law of Charles Ardis)
- Mitchell Jessup--cancer (father of Nick Jessup)
Please update your prayer requests this week!