As we come out of the COVID-19 pandemic, masks comes off, and opportunities to socialize abound, it’s understandable you might feel anxious and stressed. Such negative emotions don’t just take a psychological toll on us, they can also cause physical harm.
Embracing the power of positive thinking will not only help you overcome your anxiety around post-pandemic issues, but it can also generally boost your mood, decrease stress, make you physically healthier, lead to a longer life, and improve your coping skills.
Positive thinking is a holistic approach to life that’s easier to implement than you might think.
Just follow these simple steps:
- Become aware of your “self talk” and replace negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Nourish your body with regular exercise, a balanced and healthy diet, and regular connection to friends and loved ones.
- Take care of your mind with meditation, laughter, and breathing exercises.
- Get a massage or try aromatherapy to help you destress.
- Help others through volunteer work or a charitable institution.
- Build inner confidence by writing down your desires and how you will achieve them, setting aside time for yourself every day, and investing in yourself by signing up for a workshop or class.
- Create an affirming list to remind you of your strengths and that for which you’re grateful.
Little changes in your daily habits over four to six weeks can yield big dividends. Not only will you start to overcome negative emotions, but you’ll begin to experience the bountiful benefits of the power of positivity.