Wow! Sooo many children and family members! Only two families were not in attendance. Kids couldn't wait for the Children’s Day party to begin!
We gathered in the LMC and enjoyed a social time with pizza and salad. Then Ellen coordinated a presentation with Police officers Amanda Analla and Steven Chvala, who returned this time to talk with the children about safety, as requested by parents at the beginning of the school year. Children listened respectfully to the safety tips and had many questions and comments.
Afterwards children went outside to enjoy the gorgeous weather while parents stayed in the LMC listening to several school announcements:
Franklin Flash Dash
- Explanation of event and procedures. Information handed out
Playtime Productions, Children’s Theater
- Flier handed out and parents encouraged to take their children
Spring Regent Resale
- Parents encouraged to participate: donating, volunteering, and/or shopping.
Conferencia Latina de Salud Mental
- Information handed out on the Latin Conference of Mental Health. Parents encouraged to attend
- Registration confirmation sheets distributed
Dia de los Niños at Goodman Center
- Flier handed out and parents invited to attend this free event
At the end parents were assisted in filling out scholarship application for Goodman Pool Summer Pass.
Our traditional Dia de los Niños celebration followed the meeting. Families gathered in the gym to play La Loteria while enjoying some cake and ice cream. I never get tired of seeing how thrilled the children get every time we have this party! Their excitement and jubilation is wonderful!