"Without Valentine's Day, February would be... well, January."
Fear not - spring is on the horizon.
Some of us are very tired of the snow and rain already - but it won't be long before we can get out into the gardens again and appreciate the spring blossoms. And for those who love winter, the ski hills are having a banner year!
This month we'll proudly watch our elite Canadian athletes go for gold at the Winter Olympics in South Korea. We'll also keep an eye on the schedule as we gear up for a very busy spring.
We've got IDA sessions later this month in Calgary and Toronto, with one in Regina next month and one in Vancouver this April. Seats are limited for these four-day Insights Discovery accreditations so be sure to register well in advance.
In mid-March our US counterparts are offering an Insights Transformational Leadership qualification session - full details are below. Check with your Client Relationship Director to see if this might be right for you.
In the meantime, we invite you to top up that mug, take five, and catch up on the latest news and information from Insights Learning and Development.
|Insights Transformational Leadership Qualification - Level 1
||8 Dimensions of Transformational Leadership Model
8:00 AM-10:00 Pacific
Delivered virtually via Adobe Connect (ask your Insights contact about in-person/internal availability)
Built around our unique eight-type leadership model ITL takes a multidimensional approach to developing leaders, helping them make dramatic and sustainable improvements to their effectiveness at the individual, team and organizational level.
This is a second-level Qualification for Insights Discovery accredited practitioners and provides access to the Insights Discovery Transformational Leadership (IDTL) profile for use in their Discovery-based solutions.
- It could serve as a companion to the Insights Discovery Personal Profile Management Chapter for use in a Discovering Leadership Effectiveness session
- Augment leaders' self-awareness during a team development session for a leadership team
- Utilize in content-specific leadership sessions such as "Staying Productive in Stressful Times"
Who should attend?
- IDA client practitioners who want to further their knowledge of the Insights models and move into the direction of Insights Discovery Transformational Leadership
- IDA client practitioners who what to expand their toolkit
Outcomes of the ITL Qualification - Level 1
- Participants review Insights Discovery colour energies as applied to leadership
- Participants review and consider the application possibilities of the ID Management Chapter
- Participants examine the 4 manifestations and 8 Dimensions of the Insights Transformational Leadership model and are introduced to the concept of how preferences may shape one's capability as a leader
- Participants receive and review their IDTL profile
- Participants are given best practices as to how to use the IDTL profile
- Participants are provided examples and consider applications for using the IDTL profile in their Discovery-based solutions
Provided digitally before the webinar
- Insights Discovery Personal Profile (PDF)
- Insights Discovery Transformational Leadership Profile (PDF)
- Companion Guide (PDF)
Available after the webinar
- Access to the Insights Connections ITL Faculty folder where you will find slides and activity sheets to support you with your IDTL workshops
- Your dedicated Insights support team will provide the appropriate instructions on how to obtain IDTL profiles through our Insights Online System
Investment: $795 per person
For more information or to register connect with your Client Relationship Director or contact our office.
Giving the Gift of Discovery
In late January, two senior human resources managers with Valley First Credit Union in the Okanagan volunteered their considerable expertise to help the board of the Central Okanagan Food Bank.
Michelle Reid and Sara Charvet are both Insights Client Practitioners with Valley First, a division of First West Credit Union, and use the Insights Discovery system to help their teams work better and more efficiently together. Every year, the creators of Insights Discovery provides it's facilitators with an opportunity to deliver a free Gift of Discovery Insights session to a non-profit organization.
Late last year, Michelle applied and was accepted to deliver this training free of charge to the board and senior leadership team at the food bank. Participants said it helped them
better understand each other's individual strengths and communication styles and work more effectively together.
"I applied for this gift of Insights because I have seen firsthand how much it has helped our own organization and knew it could help the Okanagan Community Food Bank board members to further their mission of creating a healthy, hunger-free community."
Valley First's signature cause is Feed the Valley, which supports local food banks across the Okanagan by donating time, expertise, food and funds to eliminate hunger in the communities that Valley First serves.
If you'd like to learn more about Gift of Discovery, please contact your Client Relationship Director or email our office.
Insights Discovery Accreditations
Regina - March 13-16
Seattle, WA - March 20-23
Montreal (French) March 20-23
Vancouver - April 09-12
Calgary - September 24-27
Toronto - October 2-5
Become an Insights Practitioner
Insights Discovery gets right to the heart of any business challenge - and we can help you harness its power in your own organization.
Nobody knows the challenges your organization is facing better than those on the inside.
That's why we've accredited thousands of people around the world, putting the power of Insights Discovery where it belongs - in the hands of your learning and development professionals.
If you're a learning and development consultant looking to use Insights Discovery with your own customers, get in touch for more information.
There are now over 30 public and internal Accreditations every year across North America, which demonstrates how many organizations are choosing to bring Insights Discovery 'in house'. In Western Canada, we always end up with a waiting list for IDA sessions, so if you're considering attending an IDA in a city near you, don't hesitate.
Find full details and registration information
While each program is adjusted to meet the needs of the registered participants, a typical day addresses questions such as:
Renewal is required for all Insights Discovery Practitioners two years from your date of Accreditation to ensure you have the most current information available to you to continue using the Insights Discovery suite as effectively as possible. It is a great opportunity for you to refresh your knowledge, share best practices with other Practitioners, and get exposure to new materials and ideas for enhancing programs inside your organization.
Renewals are a one-day interactive session for Insights Discovery Client Practitioners committed to keeping their learning alive. Renewals are full-day 're-accreditation sessions' designed to extend your Insights Discovery certification for another three years.
- What exercises can I use to reinforce key messages in a personal effectiveness workshop?
- What do I need to remember when debriefing an individual's Insights Discovery Profile?
- How can I apply other chapters in the Insights Discovery Profile?
- What is common, and different, as you transition from an introductory workshop to Discovering Team Effectiveness or Discovering Leadership Effectiveness?
- What's the difference between an integrated Insights learning strategy and single event workshops?
- What new resources might fit with the needs in my organization?
Calgary - March 07 - registration closes soon!
Charlottetown - April 2018 (Date to be confirmed)
Ottawa - Tuesday, May 1
Vancouver - Wednesday May 2
Calgary - Wednesday, October 17
Vancouver - November - (Date to be confirmed)
|Items of Interest
As with every issue, here are links to some articles you may find interesting.
Giving credit where credit is due. Is there a gap in the credit you give?
The limitations of good. The subtle art of getting your work noticed.
Setting new goals? Then what are you going to STOP doing?
Don't take it from me. Top athletes on why they prioritize sleep.
If you have comments or suggestions for articles in upcoming newsletters, please
Insights Learning and Development