108 West 39th Street, Suite 503
New York, NY 10018
NYC's Newest Lead Law - Local Law 31, Effective August 2020
New Lead Paint Guidelines Local Law 31
- Effective August 2020.
- Applicable to Multi-Family Housing.
- Buildings built prior to 1960 or if knowledge of lead-based paint in buildings built between 1960-1978.
- Owners / Managers must have XRF inspections of all surfaces in every unit conducted by a third-party (EPA) certified company.
- XRF testing must be completed within five years of the effective date of the law (by August 9, 2025) OR within one year of a child under 6 residing in that unit, whichever is sooner.
- At the end of the 5-year period, all units in your buildings must have been tested.
- Owners / Managers must retain records of the testing and all applicable third-party certifications.
Lawrence ENV will help you stay in compliance with Local Law 31.
Call us today 212-682-2001.