Step By Step RV Winterizing Checklist
Before you get started there are a few items you will need to have. These items can be found in most RV parts stores:
- Non-toxic RV antifreeze (The amount depends on the layout and length of your plumbing lines. Two to three gallons will normally do).
- A water heater by-pass kit, if not already installed.
- A wand to clean out holding tanks.
- A water pump converter kit, or tubing to connect to the inlet side of the water pump.
- Basic hand tools to remove drain plugs.
Be sure to read your owners manuals for unit specific winterizing guidelines. Follow the steps below that apply to your RV.
- If you have any inline water filters remove and bypass before starting.
- Drain the fresh water holding tank.
- Drain and flush the gray and black holding tanks. If your RV doesn't have a built in tank flushing system clean the black tank out with a wand, or use a product like Flush King that allows you to clean both the black and gray tanks. Lubricate the termination valves with WD 40.
- Drain the water heater. Remove the drain plug and open the pressure relief valve. CAUTION (never drain the water heater when it is hot or under pressure)
- Open all hot and cold faucets; don't forget the toilet valve and outside shower.
- Locate and open the low point drain lines. There will be one for the hot and cold water lines. Using the water pump will help force water out, but turn it off as soon as the system is drained.
- Recap all drains and close all faucets.
- By-pass the water heater. If you do not have a by-pass kit installed the water heater will fill up with antifreeze before it goes through the water lines, wasting six gallons of antifreeze.
- Install a water pump converter kit, or disconnect the inlet side of the water pump (the line coming from the fresh water holding tank). Connect a piece of clear tubing to the inlet side of the pump and put the other end into a one gallon container of non-toxic RV antifreeze.
- Turn the water pump on and pressurize the system. Starting with the closest faucet, slowly open the hot and then cold valves until antifreeze appears. Replace the antifreeze container as required.
- Repeat this process on all faucets from the closest to the farthest away. Don't forget the outside shower, if equipped.
- Flush the toilet until antifreeze appears.
- Turn the water pump off and open a faucet to release the pressure. Go outside to the city water inlet. Remove the small screen over the inlet and push in on the valve with a small screwdriver until you see antifreeze. Replace the screen.
- Pour a cupful of antifreeze down each drain. Pour a couple of cups in the toilet and flush into the holding tank.
- If your water heater has an electric heating element make sure it is turned off. This will protect the element if the unit is plugged in while being stored.
- Make sure all the faucets are closed.
- Consult your owner manuals for winterizing icemakers and washing machines.
- The unit is winterized.
This checklist is a basic guide that was intended to assist you in winterizing your RV. As with many other checklists it would be impossible to cover every RV. It is extremely important that you read you
r owner's manuals for unit specific winterizing guidelines.
Happy Camping! :)
Thank you for requesting our newsletter where we keep you informed about upcoming events, promotions, and much more!
Normandy Farms is proud to offer all veterans 50% off camping November 10-12 plus join us for a FREE reception!.
We're looking forward to our annual Thanksgiving Dinner on November 25th and wanted to remind you that tickets went on sale August 15th.
Purchase online as we will sell out!
Dinner starts at 2pm in the Recreation Lodge.
Dinner menu includes: Turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes, carrots, peas, squash, cranberry sauce, stuffing, olives, dessert & coffee.
Please bring your own plates and table set-ups.
Holiday Gift Idea
It's that time of year again to purchase a Normandy Farms Gift Card for a perfect holiday gift that will leave lasting memories forever!
- When you book 3 midweek nights, you'll get 25% off a third night, OR...
- When you book 4 midweek nights, you'll get 50% off the fourth night
- Applies to mid-week bookings (Sun - Thurs) this September, October and November
- Can be applied towards rentals!
Call today and refer to discount code eDEAL17
Some restrictions apply, excludes holidays, does not apply to existing reservations.
Looking For My Furever Home
Click here to view more beautiful dogs looking for their forever home.
Fred is an adorable 2-year-old Labrador mix. This little cutie
loves to play with toys, and is just the happiest boy who finds
himself looking for a furever home. Fred does well with other
dogs and just loves to play with them and based on his amazing
personality would do very well with children. He would love a
family that can take him on walks, spend time with him and
most of all just love him unconditionally.
With your help we've been finding home for these amazing dogs. Please share this with someone who may be interested in adopting! #adoptdontshop
Our 3 spook-filled Halloween weekends were so much fun! Click below to view some pictures:
|Birthdays and Anniversaries
November Birthday Celebrations
Daniel Kristenson 11/1, Ryan Curtin 11/3, Tricia Leary 11/8, Jeff Keane Jr. 11/9, Rich Harris 11/9, Debbie Micozzi 11/9, Katie Dickman & Ethan Daniels 11/12, Dawn Crowley 11/13, Mary Horsman 11/13, Doris & Kristine Daniels 11/13, Dennis Vadenais 11/15, Katie Gunnard 11/15, Jean O'Connor 11/15, Lisa Conroy 11/16, Rick Schempf 11/26, Matthew Force 11/23, Bonnie Mitchell 11/24, Tina Biagi 11/26, Kyle MacAulay 11/29, Pat Curtin Sr. 11/29.
December Birthday Celebrations
Brian Favela 12/6, Joanne Field 12/7, Luanne MacAulay &
12/13, David Kear 12/14, Mark Harris 12/29, Bob Harrison 12/30, Tim Ryan 12/31.
November & December Anniversary Celebrations
Ray & Stacey Parent 11/22, Dave & Elaine Armstrong 12/15, Lisa & Steve Pascale 11/25, Marcia & Dave Galvin 12/18
|We look forward to providing you and your family with the finest services and amenities for a truly memorable camping experience.
The Daniels Family