Danville-Pittsylvania Cancer is seeking an Executive Director.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of Danville Pittsylvania Cancer. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the administration, programs, and strategic plan of the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, and community outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors.
1) Board Governance: Works with board to fulfill the organization mission.
2) Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
3) Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning, and community outreach.
4) Organization Operations. Oversees and implements appropriate resources to ensure that the operations of the organization are appropriate.
• A bachelor’s degree
• Transparent and high integrity leadership
• Five or more years senior nonprofit management experience
• Solid, hands-on, budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
• Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
• Ability to convey a vision of DPC’s strategic future to staff, board, volunteers, and donors
• Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to nonprofit sector
• Skills to collaborate with and motivate board members and other volunteers
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
• Strong public speaking ability
Actual Job Responsibilities:
1. Planning and operation of annual budget.
2. Establishing employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions and for the day-to-day operation of the nonprofit.
3. Serving as DPC’s primary spokesperson to the organization’s constituents, the media, and the general public.
4. Establish and maintain relationships with various organizations throughout the state and utilize those relationships to strategically enhance DPC’s Mission.
5. Report to and work closely with the Board of Directors to seek their involvement in policy decisions, fundraising and to increase the overall visibility of the Foundation throughout the State.
6. Supervise, collaborate with organization staff.
7. Strategic planning and implementation.
8. Oversee organization Board and committee meetings.
9. Oversee marketing and other communications efforts.
10. Review and approve contracts for services.
11. Other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Salary is commensurate with experience and other qualifications. Quality benefits package includes health insurance and PTO.