The Annual meeting was held on March 7th at ASPA's 2015 Annual Conference in Chicago.
(1) STPA finances: Our expenditures, which includes membership subscription to Public Works and Management Policy (PWMP), student paper award, and bank fees exceed our revenues.
a. Some suggestions were to consider merging with another section. Potential sponsorships. Promoting the value added of the newsletter. Work closer with TRB to get a committee on Public Administration.
b. By far the largest cost for STPA is the payment to SAGE for hard-copy membership subscription to Public Works and Management Policy (PWMP) so at the meeting it was agreed that we need to switch to an electronic copy of PWMP.
(2) Need to review officers and hold elections
a. Eunice Akoto of North Carolina Central University was appointed as an officer
b. John Bartle nominated Rebecca Lutte of University of Nebraska at Omaha
(3) Discussed changing the section name, but this was tabled
(4) Truitt-Felbinger Award: Need to use connections in the Northwest to identify nominations and put together a nominating panel
(5) Student Paper Award: Need to post announcement this fall
(6) By-law changes: Need a STPA Calendar with due dates for awards and election nominations. The most recent by-laws that ASPA has are the 2000 version and this is the latest version on file, but several members think that there are updated by-laws. If anyone knows of post-200 by-laws please let STPA know.
(7) Established a working group for increased membership.