Dear St. Thomas Families,
St. Thomas School will be closed for Holy Week and Easter break beginning on Thursday, April 18, through Friday, April 26. Classes will resume on Monday, April 29.
The student Wednesday folder will not be sent home today. However, the following fliers were sent home with your student:
- May Crowning Flowers order form
- Quarter Fun Night, Mothers' Club
- Basketball pictures
Don't forget that now is the time to register your child(ren) to reserve their spot for the 2019-2020 school year.
The registration form can be located on the school website:
or by calling the school office at 859-572-4641.
Get your tickets now for the Spring Fling!
All are invited to the Spring Fling on Saturday, May 18 from 7-12 PM in the school cafeteria. Last year this event was an absolute blast and raised thousands of dollars for our school, and this year's event is shaping up to be even bigger and better than last! Tickets are available online at
. Be sure to purchase yours before
to get early bird prices. Take a chance and roll the dice on an unforgettable night!
Ms. Schnell's 1
grade class was "egged"
Easter season. Twelve eggs were secretly hidden, sending the students on an Easter egg hunt. Each egg contained a picture or symbol of the Easter story, inviting each class to re-tell the story of Easter and discuss what each egg represented. It was a great way for the students to tell what they remember from the Easter Story, and re-tell it in a fun and engaging way.
- Sunday, May 5 - St. Thomas School and Parish students will be receiving the Sacrament of First Communion.
- Monday, May 6 - May Crowning will start at 7:00 pm in the Church. To order flowers for your student(s), a flier was sent home today. Students may bring a flower from home.
- Tuesday, May 7 - Students in grades 5 - 7 will be administered an advanced math test on Tuesday, May 8th. The test will be one of several variables to assist in academic placement for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Thursday, May 9 - Join the Boosters for their annual "End of Year Cookout". Dinner begins at 6:30 pm. If you have not been able to attend earlier meetings, now is your opportunity to join this dynamic group. This is a great chance to reconnect with current friends, make new ones, and get more involved with your child's school while having great fun!
- Monday and Tuesday, May 13 & 14 - Have a Kindergarten student? Please contact the school office to schedule a time slot for Kindergarten Assessment.
- Friday, May 17 - Join us for "I Can Only Imagine" on Friday, as we hold our Seventh Annual Art and Talent Show. Both the Art and Talent Shows will take place in the school gym. The Art Show will be free to roam from 6:00-7:00 pm in the gymnasium. The Talent Show will begin at 7:00 pm. We look forward to showing off our many St. Thomas talents!
- Wednesday, May 15 - This is an early dismissal day. School will end at 1:50 pm. We ask that you make arrangements to pick up your children immediately following school. All teachers will be attending our end of year faculty meeting.
- Thursday, May 16 - The Mothers' Club Spring Social and Installation of new board members will take place on Thursday, May 16. Come join this great group for dinner and refreshments. More details to follow. Mark your calendars now.
- Monday, May 27 - Memorial Day - No School
- Tuesday, May 28 - Volunteers are needed for our Annual Olympic Day. If you are able to assist or for more information, please contact Mrs. Kelly Olligies at firstname.lastname@example.org. More details to follow.
- Wednesday, May 29 - Last day of school for the students. More details to follow.
Wishing all of our schools families a blessed Easter.
St. Thomas school receives additional funds through the collection of Box Tops, and Kroger Awards Program.
Please remember the Kroger Award Program must be renewed on an annual basis. Thank you for supporting the