November Is Feline Health Month
Cats need regular veterinary care, including annual exams and vaccination (just like dogs do), but many don't get what is needed.
Did you know that there are more pet cats than dogs in the U.S.?
Cats get many of the same diseases that people do and early detection and intervention are vital to maintaining a high quality of life. Listed are some common diseases of cats.
1) Dental Disease (40 % or more of adult cats)
2) Obesity (About 20% of cats are obese and that can increase chances of other health problems)
3) Kidney Disease (A leading cause of death in older cats) Blood and urine tests can identify the problem and treatment can slow progression of the disease.
4) Hyperthyroidism (The incidence of this disease of the thyroid gland is increasing-new dietary changes and medication can help treat this problem)
5) Diabetes (Common in middle age cats and treatable when caught early)
6) Cancer (Like in people, early detection can help treatment options)
Call now to get your cat's check up!
For more info go to this link