Closing gaps improves patient care and quality metrics
Identifying and closing gaps in care is an important step in improving quality measures, revenue and patient quality of care. Focusing on closing gaps early can help avoid large, last-minute, time-consuming outreach efforts at the end of the year.
Tips for creating a successful gaps outreach plan:
- Launch your outreach early to avoid end of year rush
- Generate gaps in care reports through your electronic medical record system or TPA's disease registry, Wellcentive
- Run the report using metrics on your tracking tool (provided by your practice resource team (PRT) member)
- Send reminder letters to patients showing screenings and tests that are due
- Follow up with patients via phone calls, emails and/or text messages (based on patient preference)
- Utilize patient portal for additional reminders
- Place a copy of worked reports and lists in your patient centered medical home binder, along with the tracking tool to review during PRT visit
The Physician Alliance created a
that can be customized by practices to address a patient's specific, needed screening. A variety of
patient education materials and posters
are available on TPA's website, focusing on breast cancer screening, diabetes, antibiotic use and more.