Dear Patrons of the Cranford Public Library,
We are pleased to inform you that limited browsing of the library’s new collections, and in-person requests of all items in the library’s collection, is currently scheduled to resume with a target date of April 19, 2021, with phasing in of additional services and accessible areas to follow soon after. In the meantime, Grab and Go service will continue for all requests placed via the library catalog, phone, email or chat.
For those familiar with the limited browsing steps we initiated last September, this first step will look familiar. Here's how it will work:
- Starting Monday, April 19, visitors will be able to browse new books from our library's adult, young adult, children's and media collections in a dedicated space just inside the library's Walnut Avenue entrance. This New Section will be clearly defined and accessible.
- At the library's Circulation Desk, library users can check out those new items, or request any item or selection of items contained elsewhere in the library. Library staff will pull these items and deliver them to the front desk, where they can be checked out.
- For the first week, one library household at a time will be allowed into the library, for a ten minute period. Masks or face coverings are required, and social distancing practices must be observed.
- We ask that library visitors use hand sanitizer (provided) before handling library materials.
Access to the New Section and Circulation Desk, as well as Grab and Go Pickup at the Library's Walnut Street entrance, will be available from Monday through Saturday.
- Monday: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Tuesday: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Wednesday: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Thursday: 11:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Friday: 11:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
We will also be activating Mobile Printing, allowing library users to print documents from their mobile devices, on Monday. In the near future, we will provide access to the library computer lab, and open up more of the library collection to browsing.
A reminder that Cranford Public Library cardholders can still call to reserve and pick up our Mobile Lending Kits, each of which includes a tablet, and a mobile hotspot to connect the tablet (or your own device) to the internet from anywhere. Our staff remains available to field your questions via phone, chat or email, and we will continue to process and add new materials to the collection, plan remote programs for all ages, and provide access to our expanding digital collections. In the meantime, please stay safe. We look forward to seeing you!
Thank you, and hope all’s well,
Michael Maziekien, Library Director
Cranford Public Library