The Manchester Historic Association has reopened to the public!
Since July 1, we have been happy to be able to welcome people back to both the Millyard Museum and Research Center.
Please read below to learn the steps we are taking, in accordance with the Governor's Economic Reopening Taskforce and CDC guidelines, to ensure the safety of our guests, volunteers, and staff.
· All guests are asked to use
ONLY the Commercial Street entrance
to the building and remain only on the first floor during your visit. At times, the entrance may be locked, even during our open hours.
If you are trying to visit the museum during our normal operating hours and the exterior door is locked, please ring the doorbell or call the Museum’s main line (603-622-7531) and someone will let you in.
· Masks are required for visitors, volunteers, and staff (while in common areas). Masks are available at the front desk for those who need them.
· People are required to maintain social distancing of 6 feet inside the museum. A one-way flow through the museum will be followed to facilitate social distancing.
· The restrooms immediately outside the museum entrance have been designated for Millyard Museum guests only. Surfaces will be cleaned regularly throughout the day, and professionally cleaned daily.
· Hand sanitizer is readily available at the admissions desk and in the building lobby.
· Common use surfaces, including door handles, push buttons, and phones, will be cleaned and disinfected every two hours.
· Many interactive components of the exhibits have been temporarily removed to minimize contact.
· The Museum shop is open. Please maintain social distancing while in the shop.
Those wishing to visit our Research Center can do so by appointment only. Appointment times will be limited to 2-hour time blocks between 10am and 4pm on Wednesdays and Saturdays. There will be a maximum of 3 researchers allowed at a time.
· Masks are required for visitors, volunteers, and staff (while in common areas).
· Hand sanitizer is readily available at the admissions desk.
· Common use surfaces, including door handles and tables will be cleaned and disinfected every two hours.
People should not enter our facilities if they:
· Are exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19 or have a fever of 100.4 degrees.
· Have had close contact with someone who is suspected or confirmed to have had COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
· Have traveled in the past 14 days 1) outside the United States, 2) by cruise ship, or 3) on public transportation outside of New Hampshire, Maine, or Vermont.