Upcoming NLLD Meetings
July 19, 2016
3862 Highway 1 Raceland
Finance & Priority Committee Meeting
or immediately following F & P
Regular Meeting of the
Board of Commissioners
Board of Commissioners
Louis Andolsek, Jr.
Elmo Pitre, III
Shawn Preston, Sr.
Thank you for your leadership and service!
About the NLLD
The District includes over 250 miles of levees and drainage canals, and over 40 pump stations.
The North Lafourche Conservation, Levee, and Drainage District (known as NLLD) was formed in 1992 to provide drainage and flood protection services for the northern portion of Lafourche Parish, including the entire parish north of the Intracoastal Canal.
The NLLD office is located at 3862 Highway 1
Raceland, LA 70394
New Commissioners Join the NLLD Board
The North Lafourche Levee District welcomed seven new members to its Board of Commissioners at the Board's regular meeting on June 21. The new commissioners were recently appointed by Governor John Bel Edwards to fill open seats on the 11-member NLLD Board.
New members of the NLLD Board of Commissioners include:
- Rodney Foret of Raceland, owner of RPF Farms
- Darcy Kiffe of Lockport, retired
- Adley Peltier of Thibodaux, a research farm manager at the LSU AgCenter
- Elmo Pitre of Larose, owner and manager of trucking company Pitre Industries
- Robert Pitre of Thibodaux, owner and manager of Triple P Farms
- Shawn Preston of Thibodaux, principal of Napoleonville Middle School
- Joni Tuck of Thibodaux, grants administrator with the Greater Lafourche Port Commission
They join continuing Board members who have been re-appointed by Governor Edwards:
- Cory Kief of Thibodaux (President), business development manager at Crosby Tugs
- Timothy Allen of Houma (Vice President), general manager of Apache Oil Company
- Kenny Matherne of Lockport (Secretary-Treasurer), designer at the John Deere manufacturing facility
- Louis Andolsek of Thibodaux, president and general manager of Levert-St. John land company
NLLD Board Commissioners are volunteers nominated by legislators and the mayors and parish president (and their councils). The final appointment is made by the governor. We thank them all for volunteering their time and talents to the challenging issue of providing drainage and flood protection for our District.
Company Canal Levee
The North Lafourche Levee District is recapping the Company Canal levee in the Rita community in central Lafourche.
This work is a follow-up of the Company Canal Clearing, Dredging and Mitigation Project conducted by NLLD to clear obstructions and vegetation from the canal and stabilize the banks of the canal and the adjacent Company Canal Levee. The project will also improve water flow in that area and improve flood protection for the Rita community.
August 16 Public Hearing
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING - August 16, 2016
Notice is hereby given pursuant to Article 7, Section 23 ( C ) of the Louisiana Constitution and R.S. 47: 1705 ( B ) that a public hearing of North Lafourche Conservation, Levee and Drainage District in Lafourche Parish will be held at its office and regular meeting place located at 3862 Highway 1, Raceland, LA on Tuesday, August 16, 2016 at 5:15 p.m. to consider levying additional or increased millage rates without further voter approval or adopting the adjusted millage rates after reassessment and rolling forward to rates not to exceed the prior year's maximum. The estimated amount of tax revenues to be collected in the next tax year from the increased millage is $4,156,328.24, and the amount of increase in taxes attributable to the millage increase is $179,639.75.
NLLD works daily to protect our people, our property and our way of life in Lafourche Parish!
Learn more at