Welcome to the end of week one of remote teaching and learning! Thank you so much to our entire school community for everyone's adaptability and perseverance as we work to transfer an Animas education to this new platform.
We sent out a
survey for student feedback on remote learning
today, and gathered some helpful perspectives from families at our first virtual
Osprey Parent Coffee
this morning, too. It's valuable to hear how remote learning is going in our families' various homes, and we're looking forward to moving into week two with a few new ideas. One note as we continue to use videoconferencing; to protect privacy, we recommend that students use AHS school email addresses rather than personal email accounts when setting up new accounts for remote learning platforms such as Zoom. Please remember that
students should continue to visit each teacher's Digital Portfolio daily to view assignments, expectations and deadlines.
Links to DPs are located on the
Faculty and Staff page
, located under the "Our Staff" tab on the
We want to share our gratitude for the extraordinary work that Carlin Nielsen and Heather Prekup are doing in our
as they adapt to supporting students with learning plans during our school closure. Curious about how they're supporting students with IEP and 504 plans? Read more
What are the latest updates on AHS events and programs?
- With campus closed and social distancing orders in place, we are not able to offer XBlock classes. However, we still want Ospreys exercising and staying healthy, and we want to be sure that everyone has the opportunity to still receive credit for this quarter. Consequently, we have created a system for families to sign off on two hours of exercise per week for XBlock credit. Please click through the link here and start keeping track of some healthy physical activity in your household!
- Our first virtual Osprey Parent Coffee this morning provided a really lovely opportunity for connection in the face of social isolation--so much so that we plan to hold these weekly for the duration of our school closure. To join next Friday morning's, create a free Zoom account, then click this meeting link, which you can also find on the Events Calendar on the AHS website, under the "News and Events" tab.
- Unfortunately, with remote learning now extended at least until April 30, we have postponed Prom. We will keep you posted about any rescheduled date.
- Production of the AHS Yearbook has been delayed. Read more here.
- We have not yet cancelled or postponed All School Exhibition or Graduation events.
Please be sure to complete the
Annual Parent Survey
by end of today if you have not yet done so.
ou can access the survey
. Complete one survey per family.
We miss our students so very much and wish that we could be with you in person. Please continue to take good care of yourselves and each other. Stay connected and thanks for all you do to help the Ospreys soar!