The vision of the Oakland Center
for Spiritual Living is to joyfully reveal
the Love and Oneness of God.
We are a welcoming and inclusive spiritual community dedicated to individual transformation and collective growth.
Our purpose is to love, inspire and serve our community and the world through
education, music, prayer and play.
DATES TO REMEMBER
3rd Quarter - September 24th
4th Quarter - December 10th
Community Picnic at Tilden Park
Date: October 1st, 2017
Start Time: 12:30 p.m.
Labor Day - Monday, September 3rd
Thanksgiving - Thursday, Nov. 23rd
Day After Thanksgiving - Friday, Nov. 24th
Christmas Day - Monday, December 25th
The Oakland Centers'
Fall Class Schedule is now open
for early-bird registration!
This fall we are offering the
following three classes...
***Helpful Class Information***
- All classes run for 10 weeks.
- Sign up before September 1st to get the early bird discount.
- Find out more at the education table, in the courtyard this Sunday.
Have questions? Please contact our Education Coordinator, Constance Chapman by email at
AUGUST NONPROFIT PARTNER
Can't make it to Service? Out of the area?
Join us each Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
to watch the Live-streaming of Sunday service.
Make sure to hit the "Follow" button and catch the Oakland Center's Sunday Service
LIVE from anywhere!
Meditation at 10:00 a.m.
Service at 10:30 a.m.
Love, Compassion and Caring
Senior Minister Rev. Jeffrey Anderson
Jennifer Johns and Kev Choice
Wednesday Evening Service
August 23, 2017
Meditation is at 6:30 p.m.
3rd annual Ice Cream Social
Sunday, August 27th, 2017
(After service in the social hall)
This is a FREE event - a time of fun, fellowship, yummy treats and more as we celebrate the joys of summer and our Oakland Center family - and it is gifted to you, with great love, by your
Oakland Center Practitioners.
Dairy free/gluten free options available!
We're looking for enthusiastic, creative individuals to
fill the following Volunteer I.T./Marketing Positions
at our Oakland Center.
1. Top Ten List-keeper - Seeking tech-savvy individual to populate and keep current a Top Ten list of bay area event websites / e-bulletin boards (i.e. yelp, meet-up, etc.) with Oakland Center class and event fliers and information.
2. Livestream Subscriber Liaison - Seeking tech-savvy individual to liaise with our over 330 livestream subscribers. Compile
e-mail database, work with Rev. Jeff on correspondence to keep subscribers updated on classes and events, live chat on Sunday mornings, etc.
3. Livestream Development Tech - Work with Rev. Jeff to develop and implement livestream programs to supplement our Sunday morning livestream program.
4. Video Editor - Seeking video editor who has the computer and programs capable of editing video content into short, powerful video's to be posted on our Oakland Center website, Facebook page, top-ten website list (see above) and other appropriate web outlets.
If I.T./marketing/development is your thing,
and you have a few hours a month to give,
please contact Rev. Jeff at email@example.com!
Volunteer Work Party
Tuesday, September 19, 2017
10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Hosted by Paul Presutti
We will be doing general cleaning and upkeep of our beautiful Center, and lunch will be provided by Ruth Jackson. This is also a great way to be of service and to get to know your community a little better.
Oakland Center for Spiritual Living
Ongoing Groups and Events
The Compassionate Attention to Loss Group:
First Sunday of the month at 12:30 p.m.
in the Sanctuary. Contact,
Rev. Geri Carder
Caregivers Support Group:
Second Sunday of the month at 12:45 p.m. in the
Board Room. Contact,
Joyce LaMar, RScP by email at
This group will meet every 4th Friday of the month from
7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. in the Social Hall.
Vision Drum Circle:
Saturday, August 18th!
3rd Saturday of the Month. Drums and rattles are provided, or bring your own. This form of prayer is fun for all ages. Facilitators,
Spiritual Weight Loss Group:
Every Saturday at 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. in the Teen Room. Contact, Deborah Jackson.
Oakland Center Facility Rentals
The Oakland Center for Spiritual Living
is a wonderful venue for weddings,
memorials and other events.
Tell your friends!
You can support the
Oakland Center today!