The Educational Philosophy of Good Shepherd Lutheran Preschool
The focus of the preschool is to meet children’s needs and stimulate learning in these developmental areas:
*Emotional/ Social *Spiritual
To nurture these areas the Preschool’s objectives are to:
- Integrate Christian faith formation throughout the curriculum.
- Develop a cooperative/supportive relationship between the child, the family and the preschool.
- Provide developmentally appropriate activities.
- Teach children about their relationship with God and all people in the world.
- Provide tools for assessment of students’ progress.
Our teachers relate education to the child’s understanding about God and Christian life so that the spiritual and developmental aspects of the curriculum become a foundation for a lifelong faith.