Dear parents, guardians and community members,
An adult resident of New Rochelle has been diagnosed with Coronavirus, COVID-19. We are collaborating with the Westchester County Department of Health (WCDOH), to determine next steps. At this time, there are no identified cases of Coronavirus in any of our schools or central administration.
We have in place a number of cleaning measures aligned to the guidance provided by WCDOH and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). As always, our buildings are cleaned thoroughly every evening with state-of-the-art procedures and products that maintain clean, healthy environments for our students, staff and the general public. With the heightened sense of urgency, we have added the following measures:
- We proactively ordered 140 cases of hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol which is effective in preventing the spread of the Coronavirus.
- All classrooms have been provided with hospital-grade disinfectant wipes. They are used by teachers and custodial staff to clean classroom surfaces as needed.
- A building-wide disinfection program is conducted every Tuesday and Thursday evening in all facilities as a part of our regular practice. As an additional precautionary measure, we will add another day of disinfecting in all buildings. This will include high frequency touch points such as railings, door knobs, drinking fountains, etc.
- In accordance with current CDC and WCDOH guidance, all classroom hand sanitizers are being changed to a minimum of 60% alcohol content. Due to the alcohol content, these will be properly supervised. Units will be provided for all teachers by this Friday, March 6.
- Soap at all sink locations will be monitored and immediately replenished.
- In the event a school student or staff member is diagnosed with Coronavirus, we have a plan. The community will be informed. The school will be closed to everyone and completely disinfected. Students and staff will be permitted to return once the cleaning has been completed. We are ready to respond as needed.
We will keep you posted on anything that impacts our schools which will also be posted on the District website at: