Trident United Way - taking the long view
This year has been full of reminders of how valuable Trident United Way's approach remains in taking ‘the long view’ for our community. Our generational and institutional investments in our work make it possible to meet the emerging needs of a community in crisis. The long view combined with our commitment to unite others to improve lives will continue to boost progress made this year – and will be required in the coming years.
Our community faces a complexity of issues that require input and expertise of Trident United Way. Fortunately for the Tri-County, engaged leaders from every sector in our region remain committed to our shared work by following these themes:
1. Ours is a very different community today than it was pre-pandemic…not unlike the differences in our community pre and post WWII.
2. Implementing impactful strategies that change the trajectory of our work.
Our work addresses challenges at their root cause now and in the future by focusing on:
- Breaking the cycle of poverty
- Giving children an equal chance to read by the third grade
- Building a healthier community
- Meeting our neighbors’ basic needs
How do we do this? By placing opportunities into the hands of all who need it. By creating and maintaining a margin of excellence in providing programs and services that transform lives.
Why do we do this? Because we know that UNITED We Win.