I pray that your family has had a wonderful start to Lent. While at school, we are doing some different things to help the students work on building their relationship to God. We will be reading and reflecting on the daily readings and answering crossword puzzle clues on Lent, the stations and Easter. One can see the crossword puzzle in the cafeteria. Also, each day of the week has a different religious focus:
Monday - Prayer - students will get a chance to participate in different types of prayer, including Eucharistic Adoration and a Taize prayer service.
Tuesday - Stumbling blocks that could separate a person from God vs. The virtues that would bring us closer to God such as pride vs. humility, wrongdoing vs. justice or despair vs. trusting in God's word and promises.
Wednesday - Faith - each Wednesday students will look at how they can grow and deepen their faith through reflection and writing. Each Wednesday the students will get a writing prompt to include in their Kindness Journal.
Thursday - Service to others
- students will be challenged to do different types of service throughout Lent. Most of these they can do at school, however, one week, we will work with the parish to build their traditional Easter Bags. We ask that each family contribute either a bag of candy or $5 to help fill the Easter Bags. Please send to the school or parish office no later than March 11th.
Friday - Forgiveness - the students will be looking at the different aspects of forgiveness.
Be sure to ask your students about what they did or learned about each day in school for Lent.
REGISTRATION FOR 2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR:
This Sunday, February 28, is the last day to get your registration in for the Early Bird drawing. You can drop it off at the parish office on Friday even though the school building is not open. On Saturday and Sunday you can drop it through the mail slot in the parish office door.
Thank you to all the families that have already registered for the 2021-22 school year. Knowing how many students we will have makes planning more accurate. If you have not registered, we ask that you contact the school office and let us know of your intent even if you can't register at this time. Starting the first week of March, the school office will begin making calls to answer any questions families may have before registering.
MORNING DROP OFF IN the BACK OF THE BUILDING:
Many families drop students off in the back of the building each morning. Please follow the following suggestions to keep everyone safe during this time.
- All students need to exit on the right side of the vehicle (the side closest to the building) so all students can remain safe as cars are moving.
- All cars should keep enough of the room to the right of their vehicle to allow for student safety as they are entering the building. A good guide for this would be to stay clear of the parking spaces closest to the building.
- Cars should pull up to the double glass doors (the old school entrance), not stop at the glass doors closest to the gym.
- The first four cars (from the double glass doors to the Music Room doors) should have students exit their cars at the same time. By students exiting four cars at the same time, this will keep the line moving and hopefully not backed up onto Mount Carmel-Tobasco Rd.
Thank you for following these guidelines to keep everyone safe and to keep the line moving.
2021-2022 SCHOOL YEAR:
I have spoken to some parents who are wondering about different special classes for the upcoming school year. We are planning on having a PE teacher next year. The position is already posted online and we are gathering resumes. We are also working to have the library opened during the week to allow students to check out books. I know that students have missed this opportunity this year.
At this time, I cannot commit to having a full-time Computer teacher. I promise to do my absolute best given our budgetary constraints. If you have any concerns about next year, please reach out to me.