May 10, 2020 Order of Service
In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Alleluia! Christ is risen.
He is risen indeed, alleluia!
This is the day which the Lord has made.
Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
- Hymn of Praise..........Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee, 89 UMH
- Opening Prayer (Ps 31, 1 Pet 2)
The Lord be with you
And also with you
Let us pray together:
We gather today O God, our guide and guardian, remembering those who have nurtured us, protected us, and helped us grow. We give you thanks for homes that accept us and affirmed us as your precious children. In the shelter of your healing love, fortify us as living stones, and build us into a spiritual home where all are welcome. In the name of Christ, our foundation and cornerstone, we pray, Amen.
- Mother’s Day Interactive Moment
- Gospel Lesson: John 14:1-14
- Anthem..........“We Come Before You”..........Trad. Irish, arr. Karen Marrolli
- Sermon “Asking Questions”
- Doxology..........Praise God, From Whom All Blessings Flow, UMH 94
- Hymn to Engage the World..........Leaning on the Everlasting Arms, 133 UMH
Alleluia, Christ is risen.
He is risen indeed, alleluia.
God the Father, by whose glory Christ was raised from the dead, strengthen you to walk with him in his risen life; and the blessing of God Almighty the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, be among you and remain with you always.
Go in the peace of Christ, alleluia, alleluia!
Thanks be to God, alleluia, alleluia!
- Postlude..........“God to Enfold You”..........John Bell