Dear VFES Families:
This is our final newsletter for the year. This is also the end of my tenure as the PTO President. I have enjoyed my two years working with an amazingly talented and dedicated board. I have also enjoyed writing these messages to you. It is a bittersweet exit because I have loved every single minute of this position. I have learnt a lot from the teachers and parents at school and received immense love and support every step of the way. Thank you, all! I will miss you!
I would like to thank our principal, Becky Wills, for her unwavering support to me and the board. I would like to thank each board member - Heather McConnell, Vice President; Amanda Mlinar, VP Clubs; Emily Carteen, VP Fundraising; Alison Murray and Angel McAveney, Co-VP Socials; Tarin Cataldo and Brookie White, Co-VP Publishing Center; Beth Stanfield, VP Communications; Kim Kerns, Treasurer; Adrienne Miller, Asst. Treasurer; and Amanda Ivory, VP Volunteers. I would also like to thank our Cultural Arts Chairs - Emily Brunner and Jamie Lynch as well as our Falcon Editors - Deepa Krishnan and Doug Wilson.
My special thanks to all the teachers and staff. Without their support and love, the board cannot function to its full potential.
Please join me in welcoming Heather McConnell as the next PTO President. So exciting! She is extremely talented, dedicated and hard working. She has been the Vice President this year and has worked on the Spring Fair committee. She also works with the Girl Scouts. All the best, Heather!
In the last couple of years, we have made some significant achievements -
- PTO meetings are now open and parents are welcome to attend all the meetings. We have PTO meeting minutes on the website.
- PTO budget is available on the VFES PTO website.
- Our clubs are now amongst our largest fundraisers, raising over $18,000 this year.
- In these two years, we have provided about $45,000 in gifts to school (Ipads, laptops, gym equipment, special areas, etc.).
- We have created a board position for VP Cultural Arts. It has a budget of $15,000. In addition to Cultural Arts, we have put together a week-long Residency Program, mainly for the 4th graders, which includes two all-school assemblies. We have approved an additional $5000 for the residency program.
- We have also added a VP Diversity board position. This board position will be a liaison among VP Socials, VP Fundraising, VP Clubs, and VP Communications. This position will oversee a main event (Cultural Heritage Night) on March 15, 2018. We have allotted $1000 budget.
Thank you for your continued support and love!