Wheeler Business Consulting:
10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY!
Wheeler Business Consulting, LLC was founded on October 9, 2008. The Company's mission was, and remains, to participate in the process of,
"Developing Strong Leaders
for the Commercial Equipment Leasing Industry"
The landscape has certainly changed in the last 10 years.
In the Fall of 2008:
- The stock market was imploding.
- Unemployment was rising.
- The commercial equipment leasing industry was scrambling - with many
lay-offs, closing businesses, rising delinquencies, and a swift drastic
decrease in the capital markets which supported the industry.
- AND Wheeler Business Consulting won its first contract to work with
the management team of an independent leasing operation to help
its next steps (not only to survive; but, to thrive in a tough
In the Fall of 2018
- The stock market is at historical highs.
- The unemployment rate is at historical lows.
- The commercial equipment leasing and finance industry is thriving,
the capital markets are extremely active, and the single greatest
challenge for the industry is attracting enough new talent to
absorb the increases in the demand for additional equipment
leases and financing.
- AND Wheeler Business Consulting continues to win new clients and
provide services to develop strong leaders in the commercial
equipment leasing and finance industry.
Over the past ten years I have worked with: banks, captives, independents, originators, investors, and service providers in the industry. I have hundreds of corporate clients that have engaged my services to:
- Train new and seasoned professionals (operations and sales)
- Facilitate corporate planning and strategic development
- Review processes and recommend new efficiencies
- Act as an intermediary for the buying and selling of leasing/finance
- Facilitate a corporate transition and re-branding
- Research new markets and channels
Over the past years I have been engaged in the industry and try to advocate for leasing and finance community whenever possible. I have:
- Participated in numerous association events (as a board member,
speaker, and volunteer)
- Written several white papers
- Written multiple articles for industry periodicals
- Written a book: Call To Action - for Commercial Equipment Leasing
and Finance Professionals
- Distributed free weekly "Sales Tips" every Monday morning since
September 2009 (the distribution list includes thousands of leasing
and finance professionals)
I want to thank all of my current, past and future clients for supporting my
efforts, and placing their faith in my ability to help them navigate all economic conditions. I am highly confident the next 10 years will be filled with exciting new opportunities for all professionals who are fully engaged in the commercial equipment leasing and finance industry. I am thrilled have been a part of the industry for the past 36 years and am looking forward to the NEXT TEN YEARS.
Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
Scott A. Wheeler CLFP
Wheeler Business Consulting LLC
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Below are links to our recent survey on originators' production numbers and compensation:
The survey is a powerful tool for recruiting new originators and motivating existing professionals in the industry. The potential for individual professionals and originating teams is strong. Additional information including
Compensation Structures and Origination Channels
can be found on the following links:
Please do not hesitate to call Scott Wheeler with any questions regarding the survey.