There is a lot of information coming out about the ability of schools to re-open in September. Educational institutions from preschools through university are universally stressed at the prospect of welcoming students amid a myriad of restrictions. As a small school, we have many distinct advantages over these institutions.
Bay Farm Montessori Academy is a tight-knit community that can provide unparalleled service as we carefully re-open in the fall. We are able to guarantee small class sizes, physical distancing, and thorough disinfection practices in a humane, caring, and supportive environment. Our school provides families with a high degree of personalized service to help navigate change and uncertainty. We are well known for our nurturing child-centered environment, and we have the resources, capacity, and determination to take great care of our families. You can be assured that Bay Farm will be prepared to welcome back our students to campus in September.
Considering the alternative of larger public and private schools, our advantage is the consistency and thoughtful care we provide. We will not resort to part-time on-campus schedules for our students. Every child will be educated on campus according to their regular school day. We will not be compromising academics. Our curriculum is diverse and robust. We will never ignore the social-emotional well-being of our children and their families. You are safe with us.
- Over 18 classrooms with restrooms, sinks, and sanitation in each classroom
- Ability to exceed recommended distancing guidelines for students
- Qualified staff and appropriate Montessori materials in each classroom
- Separate entrances and exits for each classroom
- Technology infrastructure to support many modes of learning
- Social-emotional emphasis
- Montessori curriculum enriched by the arts
- Nine acres of lush green campus for physical distancing and much-needed exercise
- Transparent and accessible communication
- An open and welcome community
Our Approach to a Safe Fall Opening:
We believe strongly in Bay Farm’s mission. As such, there are several key responsibilities that we are using to help guide the creation of policies and procedures for the upcoming school year. Bay Farm has the responsibility to:
- Ensure the safety of our children, staff, and families
- Nurture academic growth and learning at all levels
- Be flexible, kind, adaptable, and understanding
- Support the health of the broader community
- Promote the social-emotional development of our people
- Maintain a commitment to the Montessori philosophy
- Communicate transparently
- Be financially responsible to our families, our staff, and the future of our school
We have been working diligently to develop a strategic framework that examines every facet of Bay Farm based on four inter-related areas: