Nominations Open Till Sept. 16 for
7th Annual Biogas Industry Awards
Nominate projects, products, technology, and special individuals to win an award at ABC's Biogas Industry Awards Dinner at BIOCYCLE REFOR17
We're happy to announce that this year we will have our 7th Annual Biogas Awards and 3rd Annual Biogas Industry Awards Dinner on
Tuesday, October 16 at
. Whether you're expecting an award or not, if you're trying to build your biogas business, we hope you'll join us for this lively networking event!
- Biogas Project of the Year
- For biogas projects. We plan to make one award in each of the following sub-categories: Agricultural, Municipal, Institutional and Merchant. See past winners here.
- Longevity Award
- For biogas projects. Digesters that have been continuously operational for more than 5 years, without a shut down of more than 3 months, are eligible for these awards. An award will be given to all eligible projects.
- Innovation of the Year
- For an innovative product. One award expected.
- For an innovative technology. One award expected.
- Biogas Visionary
- For an individual. Presented to an individual who has made a significant and lasting impact that has strengthened and grown the US biogas industry. One award expected.
- Friend of the ABC
- Open. This is an open category intended to cover projects and innovations, as described above, which stand out as an example to others but do not include any major partners that are ABC members. One award expected.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- For all awards, except Friend of the ABC, at least one major partner must be an ABC member in good standing.
- Projects, innovations, or technologies must be operational or deployed on American soil. Imported technology deployed in the U.S. is eligible.
- Projects and innovations must be fully operational. For example, if nutrient recovery is planned but currently not installed or operating, the technology should not be included in the project description or if so clearly stated "proposed."
Grading criteria includes:
To Submit a Nomination:
- For Projects, including Project of the Year, Longevity and project submissions for the Friend of the ABC award, you must fill out this form.
- For all other nominations, the structure of submitting a nomination is open. Please email a description with photos explaining why the entity you're nominating deserves an award to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NOTE: Projects submitted in previous years will not be considered for a 2018 award. You will need to renominate projects before Sept. 16 in order for them to be considered.
All awards will be presented at a special Biogas Awards Dinner on Tuesday evening, October 16 at ABC's Annual Conference at BIOCYLE REFOR18 in Raleigh, NC. You can find more information about BIOCYCLE REFOR18
. We encourage you to register now. ABC members receive discounted registration.
Contact ABC staff
for the discount code.
In addition, the short list of nominees, determined by our judges will be featured in press releases, newsletters and on the ABC website leading up to the awards. Award winners will also be publicized in a press release following the event. For Projects of the Year and Longevity Award submissions, we will also turn your submission into a fact sheet which will appear on
this Biogas Project Profiles page
. For non-project submissions, we will also create additional exposure, but we're not yet sure what we're going to receive, so we'll create some opportunities for those winners once the winners are selected.
You can find out more about the 2017 winners
, 2016 winners
, 2015 winners
and the 2014 winners
Nominations will be accepted through September 16, 2018
Start putting together your nomination today!