The FFA and Diversity in Fund Finance would like to further support and recognize individuals in the industry for their outstanding overall contributions to furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion (“DEI”) efforts in the fund finance market, their workplace, and/or the broader community – we’re pleased to announce our brand new initiative: FFA DEI Emerging Leaders!
Nominations are now open!
The FFA Board and Diversity in Fund Finance know and understand that there continues to be a lot of collective work needed to help drive change within our industry. We believe that providing a platform to recognize the hard work of more individuals will help bring more attention to these DEI efforts and want to encourage all of our members to participate in these efforts.
Following the FFA Board Statement on Diversity and Inclusion, the Diversity in Fund Finance committee continues to work with the Board on ideas to help further their commitments outlined and are pleased that this initiative will further work to encourage our sponsor organizations to have diverse members of their teams attend FFA events as successful nominees will receive one complimentary ticket to the FFA Global Symposium in 2022! Plans are underway for the symposium which is set to be better and bigger than ever before, and we look forward to welcoming them to the event!
Do you work with someone who has made contributions to DEI in the fund finance industry? Or, are you someone dedicated to furthering DEI efforts, particularly in the fund finance industry? If so and if you (or your nominee) meet the following criteria, we want to hear from you!
Nominations are now open until 17 December, 2021.
The following individuals are eligible to nominate themselves or be nominated:
- any individual who self-identifies as diverse (broadly defined, including without limitation: culture, race, gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, etc.) and
- any non-diverse individual who is an ally to individuals who identify as diverse.
Emphasis in selection will be placed upon:
- Individuals who have contributed to or supported the pillars of the Diversity in Fund Finance initiative:
- educating and connecting with students in order to help open the pipeline of diverse talent into the market;
- being a facilitator of action to advocate for positive change;
- striving to create opportunities of advancement for diverse professionals; and
- fostering an open, inclusive, respectful space for everyone no matter their background.
The individual must work and live in the continental United States of America at the time of the FFA Global Symposium in 2022.
Generally, only one individual will be selected from an organization and emphasis placed on those earlier in their career.
Please contact Natasha Puri, or Anastasia Kaup with any questions.