| NRH Launches Public Safety Drone Program
Drones are the newest tool the North Richland Hills Police and Fire Departments have to help serve and protect our community. The new public safety drone program was featured recently on NBCDFW news. Watch the
to learn more about the drones and how they will be used.
Public Works Employees Earn National Award
Congratulations to NRH Public Works employees Justin Dean, Bennie Frazier, Chris Legg, Chris Dunlop and Robert Burgess (not pictured) for being recognized as the best in the nation! This team was tested for their knowledge and skills in 5 areas including Wastewater Collection; Wastewater Laboratory; Pump Maintenance; Regulatory and Process Control; and Safety and Confined Spaces. Of the 37 teams competing, they took first place. Great work!
Chunk Your Junk at Fall Community Cleanup Event
The City of North Richland Hills reminds you that old furniture, appliances, car parts, tires, tree limbs, scrap metal, building materials and other discarded items should not be stored in your yard or driveway. It is not only unattractive, it can become a breeding ground for insects and rodents and a safety hazard. Please be a good neighbor and chunk your junk!
If you have bulky items cluttering your property, you can get rid of them at the Fall Community Cleanup on Saturday, October 27, 2018. Items can be dropped off from 9 a.m. to noon at Tarrant County College Northeast Campus, 828 Harwood Road, in parking lot E1 by the Tennis Courts. Proof of residency (driver's license or water bill) must be presented.
- Residents may get rid of brush, furniture, stoves, washers, dryers, dishwashers and other bulky items.
- Bricks, rocks and concrete must be bagged or in other containers.
- Computers, printers and small electronics will be recycled.
- Tires (without rims) and fire extinguishers will also be accepted for proper disposal.
- Goodwill Industries will be on site to collect donations (no TVs).
- Items not accepted include TVs, refrigerators, and household hazardous waste such as paints, thinners, acids, solvents, car batteries, pesticides, motor oil and anti-freeze. Trailers filled with loose bricks, rocks or concrete will not be accepted.
- Paper shredding will be provided at this event. Space is limited and first come, first served. Residents can bring up to five average-size file boxes of paper to be securely shredded on-site and then recycled. No boxes larger than 15x12x10 accepted. This service will be available from 9:00 a.m. to noon or until the truck is full. Shred trucks are often filled by 11 a.m.
The bulky item drop-off event is held twice each year. Many bulky items can also be placed curbside for pickup with your normal trash collection. For more details go online to
and click on Acceptable Garbage. If you have questions, please contact Code Compliance at 817-427-6663 during normal business hours.
Fright Night Fundraiser
to Benefit The Maker Spot
Do you love dressing up for Halloween? How about trivia nights? If you answered yes to either then join us on Friday, October 19 at 6:30 p.m. at The Maker Spot at the NRH Library for a frightfully good time! We're hosting trivia, a costume contest, and we will provide terrifyingly good refreshments. Tickets are available for $20 in advance and $25 at the door on the day of the event and include two drink tickets. Current members of The Maker Spot get in free. You may register online at
. Must be 21 to attend. This event is sponsored by the Friends of the North Richland Hills Library and all proceeds from this event will help support the future of The Maker Spot.
Annual Teen Book Fest Set for Oct. 20
The NRH Library will host the annual Mid-Cities Teen Book Fest from
11 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Saturday, October 20
. This is a fun filled day for teens from around the North Texas area to meet and greet with nationally recognized authors, participate in writing activities and learn more about upcoming YA book releases. They
will be giving away 250 free meals from In-N-Out Burger and Kona Ice will have sweet treats available for purchase
to learn more.
Call for Holiday Arts & Crafts Vendors
The City of North Richland Hills is accepting applications for arts and craft vendors for the 2018 Holiday Magic Christmas Tree Lighting & Family Festival. Crafts must be handmade or nearly handmade - no direct sales vendors. Deadline to apply is November 8, 2018. Holiday Magic will be held on Friday, December 7, 2018 from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m. at the NRH Centre and NRH Library, along Hawk Avenue and Grand Avenue. The application and additional information is available
Jake, an 8-year-old Boxer mix, and Ginger, a 1-year-old domestic short-hair cat, are two of the pets at the NRH Animal Adoption & Rescue Center who are waiting for a loving homes just like yours! Stop by the Adoption Center at 7301 Iron Horse Boulevard to meet Jake and Giner today. They will fill your heart and home with love for years to come. You can also visit
to see more pets currently available for adoption.