A Brief History of the NCC
1869 - The first organizational meeting of Adventists west of the Rockies was held in Piner, now part of Santa Rosa. This first temporary conference had about 75 members.
1873 - The California Conference was officially formed. Made up of seven churches, its headquarters were in Oakland.
1911 - The California Conference was divided into three conferences, including the Northern California-Nevada Conference, with headquarters in Lodi.
1932 - The Northern California Conference officially organized with headquarters in Oakland. At this time, the NCC had 6,015 members.
1972 - The conference office moved to Pleasant Hill.
2019 - The NCC office moved to Roseville. The conference currently has 41,018 members.