Dear Family CREW!
Between Hurricane Harvey and having to reassign Northshore Campus students, we've certainly had our share of challenges over the last 15 months. Despite the challenges, I cannot help but express how grateful I am for all that we still have to celebrate.
First, the date of our return to the Northshore campus is closer! Below is a report of our progress in completing our checklist from the Fire Marshall's Office.
- Ninety percent of all work needing to be completed is done!
- Plans have been re-submitted to the County and we are waiting on their approval to move to the next phase. Their turnaround time is generally 7-14 days
- Once we receive plans back from the county, the remainder of the work will take 5-7 additional days.
- Once 100% of the work is completed, a required re-inspection should take an additional 3-5 days.
- Once the re-inspection is complete.... We're in!
I want to stress, at this point we are waiting, we have done all we can and must wait on the county to approve us to move forward.
As we await our return to the Northshore campus, please know that we are continuing to advance in ensuring a great school year for our student CREW! Below are some highlights:
- Fine Art classes have resumed!
- Learning Labs (Formerly Field Experiences) are happening! - See our FB page for our IMPACT CREW's visit to the Congressional Black Caucus in Washington D.C.!
- Auditions and rehearsals for our annual Christmas Production are underway!
- Volunteer and PTO programs are being organized on the various campuses. Stay tuned for details.
- Daily and monthly CREW meetings designed to build students' character are underway. Ask your children about their experiences.
- RSPAppreciation is ongoing
- Tell it Tuesday is almost here!
We want to continue to express our deepest appreciation for your patience and commitment to standby us during this time. You are truly demonstrating CREW!
Michelle L. Bonton, M. Ed.