Wisconsin Livestock Identification Consortium's Annual Member Meeting is scheduled for Thursday, March 22, 2018, at the Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection! The meeting will be held from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. in their board room. Elections will be held to change the ByLaws and elect new board members.
BYLAW CHANGE NOTICE:
The WLIC Board of Directors recommends a change to
ARTICLE III - The Board of Directors - Section 3.01 of the WLIC ByLaws, relating to Number and Qualifications of Directors.This ByLaw Change will be voted on (yes or no vote) by the membership at the annual meeting.
CURRENT BYLAW LANGUAGE:
The organization shall have a Board of Directors comprised of 25% of the eligible voting delegates at the time of the annual meeting (rounded to the nearest whole number) with a minimum of nine (9) members, but not to exceed twelve (12). Each director shall be a member of the delegate body.
RECOMMENDED LANGUAGE CHANGE:
(Yes or No Vote)
(Eliminate the 25%) - The organization shall have a Board of Directors with a minimum of nine (9) members, but not to exceed twelve (12). Each director shall be a member of the delegate body.
THE WLIC BOARD NOMINEES:
The following people are running for election to the WLIC Board of Directors:
- Keith York (Incumbent) - Fifth Generation Dairy Producer and co-owner of Merry-Water Farms; Current WLIC Board Chair
- Ron Bula - Financial Office, Compeer Financial and farmer; Representing Compeer
- Kevin Krenz - President, Krentz Family Dairy, Inc.; Representing Wisconsin Farm Bureau
- Robert Mitchell - Beef Producer/Owner of Spring Creeks Cattle Co.; Representing Wisconsin Cattlemen's Association
- Brenda Murphy - Director of Producer Communications and Programs, Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board; Representing Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board
- MIke Salter - Retired Hog Producer; Representing Wisconsin Pork Association