The executive of CFUW Ontario Council wishes to notify you that the Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Ontario Council will take place virtually on May 15th, 2021.
You may register for the AGM business meeting at the link below. All attendees must register on or before May 12th, 2021.
Saturday, May 15, 2021
- Business Meeting: 8:30 am to 10:30 am
Reference: CFUW OC Bylaw Section 9 - Members' Meetings, it is stated:
9.01 Annual General Meeting
The annual meeting shall be held on a day and at a place within Ontario fixed by the Board. Any member, upon request, shall be provided, not less than twenty-one (21) days before the annual meeting, with a copy of the approved financial statements, auditor’s report or review engagement report and other financial information required by the Bylaws or articles.
The business transacted at the annual meeting shall include:
- receipt of the agenda;
- receipt of the minutes of the previous annual and subsequent special meetings;
- consideration of the approved financial statements;
- report of the auditor or person who has been appointed to conduct a review engagement;
- reappointment or new appointment of the auditor or a person to conduct a review engagement for the coming year;
- election of Directors if required;
- consideration and approval of Ontario Council Policy for advocacy related activity, if any;
- consideration and approval of any Article or Bylaw amendments, if any; and
- such other or special business as may be set out in the notice of meeting.
No other item of business shall be included on the agenda for annual meeting unless a Member’s proposal has been given to the secretary prior to the giving of notice of the annual meeting in accordance with the Act, so that such item of new business can be included in the notice of annual meeting.
Not less than ten (10) and not more than fifty (50) days written notice of any annual or special Members' meeting shall be given in the manner specified in the Act to each Member and to the auditor or person appointed to conduct a review engagement. Notice of any meeting where special business will be transacted must contain sufficient information to permit the Members to form a reasoned judgment on the decision to be taken. Notice of each meeting must remind the Member of the right to vote by proxy.
9.06 Voting Delegates
Each club shall designate one of its individual members in good standing as its voting delegate and shall notify CFUW Ontario Council of the name of its voting delegate, prior to the start of an annual or special general meeting. Each voting delegate has a single vote.
9.11 Persons Entitled to be Present
The only persons entitled to a Members’ meeting are the Members, Board Members, auditors of the Corporation (or the person who has been appointed to conduct a review engagement, if any) and others who are entitled or required under any provision of the Act or the articles to be present at the meeting. Any other person may be admitted only if invited by the chair of the meeting. The following persons are also entitled to attend Members’ Meetings as observers:
1. individual members of CFUW Ontario Council Clubs,
2. individual members of CFUW Clubs outside of Ontario.
Clubs unable to have a voting delegate at the AGM shall be entitled to vote by proxy by completing a Proxy Form - Club Delegate. Proxy forms must be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before May 12th, 2021.
Teri Shaw, Secretary
CFUW Ontario Council
*OC resolution will be sent mid April along with the Financials.