We will frequently share with you updates on the coronavirus as they apply to REALTORS® and to our communities. The protective measures that we have been asked to take are significant and are profoundly affecting our daily lives and routines.
Because of this, GAOR’s actions are based on research-driven information from public health officials from Los Angeles County, the Cities of Glendale and Los Angeles, and state and federal governments. We will also share relevant information from the National Association of REALTORS® and the California Association of REALTORS®.
Please read carefully this message and use your best judgment. Most of all, I want to encourage all of us to manage our concerns and know that as a community we will get through this. Part of getting through this is knowing what is going on in the community and how we can help.
What We Know Now
Officials also believe that most individuals who become sickened will recover. Nonetheless, this is the logic behind social distancing, and why GAOR will follow these recommendations and
NAR’s Guidance for REALTOR® Associations
Happening at GAOR
GAOR’s first priority is always the health and safety of our members and staff. Beginning Tuesday, March 17, GAOR will operate as follows:
- The GAOR building is closed to walk-in foot traffic until March 30 or until GAOR leadership determines when the building may be reopened. For Supra, call GAOR to make an appointment.
- We remain open during business hours and available to assist you over the phone or by email. This includes all payments, member and office changes and other inquiries. GAOR may close or cut hours in the future.
- To buy signs, call for an appointment and tell staff which sign you want to buy so that we can have it ready.
- If you are on a GAOR Committee or the Board, watch for information on March and April meetings in terms of schedule and format.
- Please do not come into the office for any reason until at least March 30, if:
- You are sick or experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- You or someone close to you has been exposed to someone who has tested positive for the coronavirus.
- You or someone close to you has recently traveled to a country or region impacted by the coronavirus.
- If you have symptoms and wonder if you have the virus, please review the guidelines here, here and here and follow health officials’ directions on seeking medical attention.
Upcoming Events at GAOR
This week, GAOR has two events scheduled. As events warrant, these could change or be postponed.
- Caravan: Wednesday, March 18, 8:30 a.m. Currently, Caravan will take place as scheduled at Impressions in Glendale and will also livestream via Zoom. We will email you a Zoom link on Tuesday.
- CRMLS Presentation: Friday, March 20 at 2:00 p.m. at GAOR. This is open to all members. However with the limited capacity at GAOR, access will be granted on a first-come/first-serve basis. Watch for more information later this week.
What About My Buyers and Sellers?
If you plan to continue working with your clients, please review carefully the
NAR Guidance for REALTORS®
. Whether at your offices, open houses, listing presentations, or in your car, we urge you to take these precautions.
Be advised that the Los Angeles County Recorder is closing all its buildings to the public as of March 16. This is likely to have a measurable, material impact on your transactions and I urge you to plan accordingly.
Finally, we have received questions regarding how to conduct open houses virtually using a tool such as Zoom. We will send you guidance on open houses later this week.
Thank you for your attention and cooperation. Again, GAOR will follow the guidelines of the scientific and medical community. And again, we will all get through this. Please call me or email at any time with any questions or concerns you may have.