Dear Herons Glen Resident,
In an effort to better communicate with our residents, and ensure everyone has accurate information, your Board of Supervisors would like to share with you the procedures that will be followed for the Meet the Candidates Night and the election of a new Supervisor. It is our hope that in sharing this information, you are aware that we have established the necessary procedures to assure a fair and open election and one that everyone can be confident in the results.
Below, you will find a synopsis of the election process. We have also attached the District Election Policy that was adopted by the Board on April 25, 2022.
Thursday, March 2, 2023 3:30 – 4:30 PM
Meet the Candidates
- All questions must be printed or typed and submitted to the HGRD Office by 3:00 p.m. on March 2, 2023. Question forms are available in the Administration Office for your convenience.
- The submitted questions will be placed in a locked box and remain there until the Election Committee begins the process of reviewing the questions. This process will begin at 3:30 p.m. on March 2, 2023.
- The committee will consolidate questions that are essentially the same from multiple residents.
- No questions will be directed to only one candidate.
- The committee will submit the list of questions to the moderator at the start of the meeting.
- All candidates will be asked the same questions submitted by the resident and read by the moderator.
Tuesday, March 21, 2023
District Board Election
- Ballot counting will be conducted by the District’s staff volunteers and monitored by the Election Committee appointed by the Board in the presence of any members of the public wishing to observe.
- At that time, any ballots received before the Close of Election at 4:00 P.M. will be brought to a convenient place in the Clubhouse [Card Room C] to be opened and counted in public.
- At or prior to the counting of the ballots, the Mailing Envelopes will be alphabetized, checked for proof of ownership rights against the Property Appraiser’s Lists, and names checked for duplications [by the Supervisor of Elections and staff volunteers]; then put aside in a locked space.
- Beginning at 9:00 A.M. on the day of the election, the District’s staff volunteers will open the Mailing Envelopes, take out Ballot envelopes and mix the unopened ballot envelopes together.
- At Close of the Election, 4:00 P.M. on the day of the election, the District’s staff volunteers may begin to open and count the ballots. The Election Committee along with the District’s attorney will monitor the process.
- When the counting has been completed, the Supervisor of Elections will tally up the votes, the District’s attorney will review the calculation and the Supervisor of Elections will announce the results.
- The Board will officially accept the election results at the board meeting to be held on March 23rd at 9:45 A.M. in Card Room C.
If you are interested in how the entire process works, please click this link to read the Policy of Elections Procedures.
HGRD Board of Supervisors