RECIPE OF THE MONTH
From Chef Keith Gardiner
Garlic Shrimp Linguine w/Spinach
Yield 4 servings
* 1 pound uncooked whole wheat linguine
* 3 tablespoon olive oil
* 1 cups white wine
* 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 bag baby spinach
* 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
* 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat; add wine, cheese, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer over low heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Increase heat to medium high and add shrimp to saucepan; cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until shrimp begin to turn pink. Do not overcook. Remove shrimp.
4. Add spinach, toss in pan for a minute just to wilt and add linguine and shrimp toss in with sauce.
5. Divide into portions and spoon sauce on top; garnish with Parmesan.