A baby girl for Dr. Carissa!
Welcome Alexis to the NATURAL CARE CLINIC team!!!
Alexis Doherty McKerrall was born at Joseph Brant Memorial Hospital on October 28th, 2012. She arrived in the wee hours of the morning with the help of the Burlington Area Midwives.
Congratulations Carissa, Dan and Katya!
Are you eating or supplementing with enough CURCUMIN?
Curcumin is the key curcuminoid in the Indian herb tumeric. Research has identifed that curcumin has over 100 anti-tumour compounds. Wow!!! This incredible herb helps maintain and protect many body systems by support cell health.
Medical Benefits of curcumin include:
- Protecting blood vessels from inflammatory damage that contributes to heart disease
- Decreasing early atherosclerotic lesions from high cholesterol diets
- Significantly reducing LDL ("bad") cholesterol
- Inhibiting COX-II which results in potent anti-inflammatory effects
- Reducing symptoms of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Potential use in treating and preventing Alzheimer's
What does the research say about probiotics?
There is a tremendous amount of research about the medical use of probiotics to prevent, treat and manage conditions. Naturopathic Doctors know that the good bacteria in our intestines play a crucial role in supporting overall health; but what does the most current medical research say about PROBIOTICS?
Research is showing that probiotics:
- can slow the rate of growth of breast and colon tumours
- may play a role in preventing breast cancer because research shows that women who take more antibiotics have a higher risk of being diagnosed with breast cancer
- can treat antibiotic related diarrhea and help prevent relapses for individuals with C. Difficile or inflammatory bowel disease
- can prevent and treat child upper respiratory infections
- can treat and prevent chronic sinusitis
- can treat anxiety and depression
- can treat and prevent eczema
- can treat infectious diarrhea
Boost your knowledge on healthy living
- Naturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Health, Aviva Jill Romm M.D. William Sears M.D.
- The secrets of great health: From your nine liver dwarves, John Matson, N.D.
- Excitotoxins: The Taste That Kills, Russell Blaylock, M.D. (Neurologist) discusses food additives and their toxic effects
|EXCITOTOXINS; The Taste That Kills|