This Collaborative Coffee Chat will include a review of
how knowledge is gained from animal research, as it relates to the reproducibility crisis
. This is known therioepistemology.
Therioepistemology was introduced in a special issue of Lab Animal with a focus on reproducibility of animal experiments. The speakers will discuss
- Attrition in drug discovery
- Translation of animal studies to human outcomes
- Patterns and principles that can help to identify models more or less likely to translate
- The six questions that every scientist should ask when planning, interpreting, and publishing a study
- How therioepistemology will guide biomedical research to more effective animal work.
Collaborators: Kathleen Pritchett-Corning, DVM, DACLAM (Harvard University), Brianna Gaskill, PhD (Purdue), Jamie Ahloy Delare, PhD (Universite Laval)
Look forward to future 3Cs!
All events will be recorded and posted