Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Season
Fall weather brings a sharp increase in carbon monoxide poisonings.
As people turn on heating systems and light up fireplaces for the first time
in months, the potential for carbon monoxide buildup in homes rises.
Helpful Tips H
elp Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
- Have your heating system checked once a year by a qualified technician
- Have your chimney cleaned annually to be sure it’s clear of debris and vents properly
- Don’t use a gas range or oven to heat your home
- Don’t use charcoal grills or camp stoves indoors
- Don’t use a gas generator inside your home or garage
- Don’t use homemade patches, such as duct tape, to repair a vent pipe