Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment's ratification in the Golden State on Sat., Nov. 9, 2019!
Hosted by California First Partner Jennifer Siebel Newsom, festivities include:
- FREE for first 1,000 or $5 reduced admission with advance R.S.V.P. by 5 pm on Nov. 8
- National Archives & California State Archives women's suffrage pop-up exhibits
- Presentations by author, speaker & historian Michelle Duster, Ida B. Wells‘ great-granddaughter; historian Robert P. J. Cooney, Jr.; author Laura Atkins & League of Women Voters of California
- Info tables by National Women's History Alliance, California Secretary of State & others
- Community quilt honoring African American suffragists, replica pennants & more free hands-on activities
- Girl Power Story Time reading activity for kids 5 & up
- Suffragist silent film “Mothers of Men” (1917) screening
- Suffragist reenactors from Sacramento History Museum
- More fun for all ― don’t miss it!
Visit link below for more information or to R.S.V.P. for free to reduced $5 admission by 5 pm on Friday, Nov. 8, 2019.