Grant period: October 1, 2020 – 1 year or funds have been expended.
Elder Options has been awarded another grant to help veterans in El Dorado County. This new pilot program – Short Term Homemaker Services will assist eligible veterans who live alone or with a disabled spouse by:
• Providing NO CHARGE short term home care assistance to help with needed day to day tasks. Maximum of 1 (3 hour shift) per week for 4 weeks. • Matching the Veteran with an Elder Options’ Credentialed Care Manager who will work with him/her to locate & understand community resources to assist with remaining independent.
To apply for the Short-Term Homemaker Services, the individual must be a veteran or disabled spouse needing help with:
• Light housework
• Meal preparation
• Changing bed linens/laundry
• Assistance with showers/personal care
• Supervision for memory impaired
To access this program, the Veteran or Disabled Spouse must:
• Live in El Dorado County.
• Work with an Elder Options’ Care Manager to set up services, a home care schedule & understand important resources in remaining independent. • Not be receiving public home care benefits i.e., In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) or Multi-Services Senior Program (MSSP) or other home care services through the VA.
• Grant has no financial eligibility, but applicants should apply if finances are a concern.
Call Us Today to Schedule Short Term Homemaker Services!
Elder Options, Inc.
Placerville/South Lake Tahoe/Sacramento
(530) 626-6939 ● (530) 541-1812 ● (916) 391-8083 www.elderoptionsca.com “A Life Lived Fully Every Day, Since 1988”