From the Executive Director
One of the major components of our current strategic plan has been to provide opportunities for our entire staff to engage in professional development. Our monthly staff meetings were an ideal time to learn about how various community services might benefit our consumers or educate us on topics relevant to the work we do. Over the past year our professional development presentations have included:
· Best practices in permanent housing for people with disabilities
· How to stay safe and secure in the community
· Embracing diversity, equity, and inclusion
· Using a trauma informed approach with our services
· Fair housing laws, protections, and reasonable accommodations
· Educational and career opportunities for people with disabilities
CILO appreciates the value that professional development can bring to our employees and to our organization. As we head into a new year, we will continue to feature a speaker at each of our 2023 monthly staff meetings. We would love to hear from you and/or your agency if you have an idea or a topic you would like to share with us. Just send us an email to start the conversation with us about how we can learn more about the many resources our community offers for people with disabilities.
As always, I enjoy hearing from you. Please contact me at 513-338-5100 or by email.
P.S. I once again have a $10 gift card to Starbucks to the FOURTH person to click here to indicate you have read my message.