Mock Trial Diversity Initiative Enrollment Now Open
The Mock Trial Diversity Initiative (MTDI) Presented by Krieg DeVault was established to retain, expand, and diversify participating schools in the Indiana Mock Trial program by reducing financial and systemic barriers.
The program focuses on under-resourced schools with a large population of students of color.
The Foundation will partner with MTDI schools to offer:
· Grants to fund costs associated with Mock Trial, including but not limited to: teacher stipends, transportation, food, business clothing, supplies, cost of registration, lodging, sub pay, and technology.
· Grants begin at $2,500 with additional funding for those advancing to the state competition.
· Training at Introduction to Mock Trial Workshops.
· Professional Development opportunities.
· Resources for teachers and students to learn mock trial, including introduction videos, graphic organizers, lesson plans, standards alignment document, past mock trial cases, annotated video of a mock trial.
Please contact Director of Civic Education Tim Kalgreen for additional information and to apply for available financial support. If you would like to learn about available opportunities to support the Mock Trial Diversity Initiative, please contact Director of Development Kim Berry.