Connecting people to power
Beauty Inside Out
A Panel Discussion on Toxins in Cosmetics and Personal Care Products
Wednesday, Nov. 13th
6 - 8 PM | Reception & Discussion
For more details about the event, register
I’d like to invite you to join us for #BeautyInsideOut – a candid conversation on racial bias in beauty standards and how it results in toxic products being marketed to women of color. Our focus is on evolving the beauty narrative and identifying solutions that will support us in having access to beauty, hair and personal care products that contribute to our looking good and feeling great in a safe and toxic-free way.
Our event will feature a panel of experts and advocates including:
- Dr. Jasmine McDonald, Assistant Professor of Epidemiology at the Mailman School of Public Health
- Kiana Michaan, Store Educator, Follain
- Kerene Tayloe, WE ACT Director of Federal Legislative Affairs
- Lubna Ahmed, WE ACT Director of Environmental Heath
- Blake Newby, Freelance Beauty & Lifestyle Writer (moderator)
We'll also be making some exciting announcements about WE ACT's current work on the issue, including a new project to survey women of color in Northern Manhattan on their attitudes and practices regarding hazardous products.I hope to see you there!
*Due to limited seating availability, advance registration is required.