For this month's Faculty Spotlight, we are featuring Dr. Rebecca (Miller) Regan.
Dr. (Miller) Regan is new to this teaching position, just officially starting back in June, and spends approximately 90% of her time teaching and the other 10% overseeing undergraduate research. She teaches core classes such as Bakery Science I, Bakery Science II, and Flour and Dough Testing. This semester she has also taken on extra classes, like the bakery science lab, since the other bakery science professor position has yet to be filled. On top of this, she advises students in the undergraduate curriculum and is the advisor for the
K-State Bakery Science Club
“Even though it isn’t my normal appointment, I’m having the most fun teaching the baking science lab because I get to know the students more. I’m interacting with the students, talking to them, and I’ve tried to do some fun things in the lab and with the lab reports.”
When asked why she chose the bakery science industry in the first place, Regan said that she originally wanted to go into milling science.
“I got into the bakery science club and really enjoyed the people and all the degree had to offer. I liked baking and it was something different, something not everybody else was doing."