A note from your
The days are growing shorter and the nights longer. For me, this is the time I feel like hibernating! I find it
harder to get myself out of bed when the sky is still dark. Do you know what I do? I get up an hour earlier (actually the time it was before we "fell back") and I recharge my own batteries with meditation, visualizations, affirmations, journaling, some exercise and reading for that additional hour. By the time I’m done, the sun has risen and I'm ready to start my day. I got this from the Life SAVERS from
The Miracle Morning
written by Hal Elrod.
November has me thinking of all the people, experiences and things for which I'm grateful. First is my family - without them I wouldn't be grounded. Next is The Rookwood Inn - my fabulous employees and guests who constantly enrich our lives. Then come my friends and pets who provide support, love and laughter. I am also thankful for the wonderful experiences I have had such as travel throughout this country and the world. I am thankful for the people I've met, the cultures I've learned about, the food I've been fortunate to share. I am thankful for the books I've read which have opened my eyes and heart and taught me so much. I am grateful for the arts - music, dance, art, theater, film - which stimulate my mind and senses. I am grateful for living in such a beautiful part of the country where we have four distinct seasons, amazing scenery and wildlife galore.
And so much more . . . Whatever your desire, now is the perfect time for a fall escape to The Rookwood Inn and the Berkshires with your spouse, partner, friend and/or family! We can't wait to welcome you!
book directly with us
for the best rates and specials! Book
or by phone at
. Don't be fooled by the big Online Travel Agents who spend a lot of money buying our name. Ask if you're speaking directly to The Rookwood OR make sure that the url says
We are looking forward to seeing you soon. As always, if you would like us to help you plan your stay, please do not hesitate to call us. We are here to serve!
May you have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.
& Team Rookwood
Amy Lindner-Lesser, Innkeeper/Proprietor/Justice of the Peace
Thanksgiving Thank You Special
Not Just for Thanksgiving
T'is the season of thanks and giving here is our way to say thanks:
Make it a
all the way through December. . . Are you tired of the same old plans which leave you cooking, cleaning, serving and falling into bed exhausted? How about a new tradition? You can even invite your family and friends.
Spend three consecutive nights at The Rookwood Inn. Enjoy dinner in one of the wonderful restaurants,* being served food you didn't have to cook or clean up after. Come back to the inn and relax in front of a beautiful fire, engage in fantastic conversation, perhaps play a board game, do a puzzle, or rekindle your relationship. Enjoy a visit to The Norman Rockwell museum with your complementary tickets for two and on your last day head to chop down your own fresh tree (optional) to bring home. Everyone booking this special during the month of November or December will also receive a signed copy of our cookbook,
The Rookwood Inn's Guide to Discovering the Berkshires - One Cultural Bite at a Time.
*Don’t forget you can enjoy dinner at The Rookwood if you prefer to stay in for the night. (Not available on holidays so our chef can enjoy holidays with her family.)
Call us at 413.637.9750 and mention
for this great deal or book online and select this special package.
Holidays are Coming Up - We Offer Shopping at its Best - No Crowds or Stress!
Are you looking for the perfect gift for a loved one or coworker? Shopping in the Berkshires offers relaxing shops filled with unique gifts. Many of the shops offer snacks and beverages to help relieve the stress. The Rookwood can arrange an individual or couples massage on site for you after a day of shopping.
Don't forget The Rookwood Inn for your holiday gifts. We have one-size fits all
in the amount of your choosing for overnight stays or massages/spa packages, Rookwood
(also one size fits most),
in a wide array of colors and styles, our own cookbook (
The Rookwood Inn's Guide to Devouring the Berkshires - One Cultural Bite at a Time
Give us a call at 413-637-9750 to order your special holiday gifts today!
IT'S FINALLY HERE . . . Tanglewood year-round!
Starting this fall, the
Linde Center at Tanglewood
will be THE place for cultural events in Lenox during what we call, the Snuggle Season. They will present music, dance, theater,films, lectures and food centered around the arts.
- Kodaly & Beethoven (Dec. 1, 3 pm)
- Hindemith, Ewazen, Apon, Winteregg, Dorsey,Woods, Lamb & Clarke (Feb. 23, 3 pm)
- Balliett, Balch, Francaix & Bartok (April 5, 3 pm)
- Rachmaninoff All Night Vigil - 50th Anniversary Concert by the Tanglewood Festival Chorus (April 11, 7:30 pm)
- Fiddle Weekend (March 13-15) - Three days of workshops, informal jam sessions, traditional dancing, and more
- historic Artists' Homes Weekend (May 15-17) - An immersive exploration of creativity and inspiration through discussions, multimedia presentations, film, music, and visits to the historic home sites
TLI Open Forum
(connections between music and the wider world - including beauty, nature, and the immigrant experience):
- Finding Home (November 23, 2 - 5 pm) - Neuza de Pina (singer) Eva Millona (leader of MIRA), Lorena Dus (BIC program coordinator), Frances Jetter (artist) in collaboration with Norman Rockwell Museum and Mass Cultural Council.
- Reclaiming or Connection to Nature (April 11,, 2 - 5 pm) - BSO Children's Choir, Kris Scopinich (naturalist). In collaboration with Mass Audubon, Pleasant Valley Sanctuary)
eclectic evening of music, the arts, and fine cuisine from around the world. Each event is preceded by an afternoon class or workshop which is free and open to the public.
- Argentina (November 15) 4 pm Free Tango class; 5:30 Argentinian dinner; 7:30 JP Jofre (bandoneon) trio
- Russia (February 21) 4 pm - An evening of music and literature honoring the extraordinary life and work of Nobel Laureate Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn 4 pm Afternoon collaboration; 5:30 Russian dinner; 7:30 Ignat Solzhenitsyn (piano & presenter of music & poetry, featured in his father's writings)
- Around the World (May 28) Featuring immigrant master musicians presented in conjunction with Mass Cultural Council's Folk Arts & Heritage Program) 4 pm African drumming and dancing workshop; 5:30 Around the World Dinner 7:30 Concert
Martha Graham Dance Company (Studio E):
In partnership with the Martha Graham Dance Company and Jacob’s Pillow, TLI presents three symposiums with a special focus on historic historic moments in the life of the famed dance company moments in the life of the famed dance company.
- Appalachian Spring @ 75 (October 30, 7:30 pm) - evening will include archival footage of the original cast, excerpts of Graham/Copland correspondence, highlights from the day, Q&A with Jacob's Pillow Associate Archivist
- Graham's Greeks: Night Journey (March 11, 7:30 pm) perhaps Grahams greatest and most complex masterwork.
- A Legacy of Innovation: The Lamentation Variations (April 29, 7:30 pm) An ongoing creative project in which today's top choreographers create new dances inspired by Graham herself dancing her iconic solo from 1930, Lamentation.
Visual Arts: Art Night Out
- Linde Center Studio E, Lobby (Friday evenings full of fun, friendship and creativity. Led by IS183 faculty artists, these drop in classes focus on a different project each month,. All supplies and refreshments provided, No experience needed. DRESS FOR MESS.
- Smartphone Photography (Dec. 13, 7 pm)
- Pamphlet Stitch Bookmaking (February 7, 7 pm)
- Block Printing (April 3, 7 pm)
- Linde Center Studio E, Lobby - In collaboration with Berkshire International Film Festival, this film series explores and celebrates music, cinema and the human spirit
- God of the Piano (Dec. 5, 7:30 pm)
- Dreaming of a Jewish Christmas (December 12, 7:30 pm)
- Gay Chorus Deep South (Feb. 6, 7:30 pm)
- Amazing Grace (March 5, 7:30 pm)
- That Part Feeling (April 2, 7:30 pm)
- echo in the canyon (May 7, 7:30 pm)
- a three-session series of multimedia presentations given by TLI staff members
- Dancing to the Music: Exploring the Composer/Choreographer Collaborative Process (March 8, 15 & 22, 3-4:30 pm)
- Beyond the Muse: Exploring the Influence of Composer/Performer Partnerships (April 26, May 3 & 10, 3-4:30 pm)
Fall Inn Love with The Rookwood Inn this November!
We look forward to welcoming you back home!
The Rookwood Inn | 413.637.9750 | 11 Old Stockbridge Road
Lenox, MA 01240-1717