New Prague, MN
- The Agricultural Relations Council (ARC) is in year four of the ARC/Gardner & Gardner Communications internship program. The 2020 intern host will be Charleston|Orwig in Hartland, Wis.
Charleston|Orwig is a full-service communications and marketing firm dedicated to connecting and building brands across the agriculture and food industries. From seed to farm to table, Charleston|Orwig partners, builds relationships and harvests results. The 2020 intern should have strong writing skills, organizational ability and social media skills. The ideal candidate should thrive in and enjoy being in a fast-paced, team-oriented culture. Successful interns with C|O are eager to learn, ask questions and willingly jump whenever needed.
The internship is unique in ag communications in that it is a collaboration of the organization (ARC) and the host agency. The ARC portion of the funding comes from a grant from Gardner & Gardner Communications to the ARC Foundation.
* Internship will be worth a total of $5,000 - $4,000 stipend and $1,000 to be used to attend the annual professional development meeting of ARC - to be held June 23 through 25 in Richmond, Va.
* The intern will spend 90 percent of his/her time on host organization projects and 10 percent to support and attend the ARC annual meeting.
* The internship will be 10-12 weeks long.
* Student intern applications will close Feb. 21, 2020. The intern will be selected by March 30.
* Intern will be chosen by a representative of the hosting organization, along with a representative of Gardner & Gardner Communications.