Nominations are now open for the next class of inductees to the New Mexico Tourism Hall of Fame!
The New Mexico Tourism Hall of Fame is the highest honor for New Mexico hospitality and tourism professionals. Induction into the New Mexico Tourism Hall of Fame is a recognition and celebration of the lifelong achievement and the commitment to the ideals of professionalism, integrity, and service that embody the profession. If you know of someone who has dedicated their career to strengthening New Mexico tourism, consider submitting their name for the New Mexico Hall of Fame!
This Year, we are revising the nomination process for the Hall of Fame
In previous years, the nomination process for the New Mexico Tourism Hall of Fame was conducted through a singular online submission form. This year, NMHA will be evaluating candidates for the New Mexico Tourism Hall of Fame through a multi-layered approach. Phase I of the nomination process will be a simple peer-submitted online form. Individuals looking to nominate a candidate for the New Mexico Tourism Hall of Fame need only to submit basic information about the candidate.
The Hall of Fame Committee will evaluate submissions based on industry reputation and the frequency a particular individual was submitted for review. If the Hall of Fame Committee deems a candidate qualifies for the next step of the nomination process, the candidate will move to Phase II.
Phase II will be a detailed questionnaire completed personally by the candidate.
What is the Hall of Fame Induction Committee looking for?
- The nominee has made a significant contribution toward improving the national/international recognition of the positive aspects of vacationing in New Mexico.
- The nominee has improved the understanding of New Mexico residents regarding the attractions of this state and/or the economic development benefits of tourism for the state.
- The nominee has positively impacted the tourism industry in New Mexico by bringing special attention to the state’s attributes; and has served in the New Mexico industry for at least ten years.
- The nominee has contributed to improving the business climate for tourism-related businesses in New Mexico, or facilitated the efforts of others to accomplish those ends.
- Candidates who receive multiple nominations from industry colleagues are demonstrate industry validation, and will be evaluated more favorably by the committee.
Deadline to Submit: Friday, March 1