What is a LEAP Award?
The ENDependence Center of Northern Virginia (ECNV), through a grant from the HSC Foundation, is excited to offer the 2019 LEAP awards. LEAP awards support purchases of goods and services (not covered by Medicaid or other insurance) for youth and young adults with disabilities and chronic illnesses in the Northern Virginia area. Examples include, but are not limited to:
• Clothing for a job or job interview
• Assistive technology to improve one’s academic or professional potential
• Payment for training in a specific skill
• Computer hardware and/or software
• Instruction or fees for starting a business
• Tutoring or assistive learning tools
How Do I Apply?
To apply, please fill out the form below and return it to ECNV no later than Friday, October 18, at 5:00 p.m. via Fax (703-525-3585) or E-mail to email@example.com
To be eligible, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
1) Be between the ages of 14 and 26.
2) Have a disability.
3) Reside in ECNV's service area: Arlington, Fairfax, or Loudoun County or the Cities of Alexandria,
Fairfax, or Falls Church.
4) Not be a recipient of a LEAP Award during the last three (3) years.
Be sure to read through this entire application package carefully before filling in the requested information. You may include additional pages if necessary. If you have any questions, contact: Elizabeth Kumar at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-673-4496.