There's much to do during the off season. While you are addressing maintenance issues, also be working on your marketing. One of the key marketing initiatives is email. I'm not talking about the "the prince has $1 million dollars." Effective, targeted email marketing.
Here's five reasons to implement email marketing:
1. Easy way to reach your customers. Consider there are 3.2 billion email accounts. 95% of online customers use email and 91% of them check email daily. By emailing your customers, you're reaching them like no other advertising initiative.
2. Keep your customers informed. Park have a new pool? New staff? New check-in process? Keep your customers informed of all the changes at the park. Tell them about special weeks (when you need to fill sites.) Once a month, share something with your customers - especially pictures of new grand kids!
3. Customers want your promotional messages. 77% prefer email to receive promotional content. Only 4% prefer Facebook. 70% of recipients have used coupons and discounts from promotional emails.
4. Return-On-Investment. 60% of marketers report email is producing ROI. 32% believe it will eventually.
The average return on email marketing investment? $44.25 for every $1 spent.
5. Email marketing is inexpensive. Besides branding, email is the cheapest form of advertising. How inexpensive? Email all of your customers as many times as you would like for $5 a month for the first three months.
We have even helped you get started. We drafted a content calendar with ideas to help spark what to write about. See it on our blog.
Prepare your marketing now to attract more visitors to your park this spring and summer!
Stephen Koranda, CDME, CTA
Back To You Marketing
CCLOA Associate Member