Attention high school seniors in Saline County: The deadline to apply for the Oliver Hagg scholarship is fast approaching and closes on March 8.
Over three decades ago, Oliver Hagg bequeathed 1,100 acres of farmland to Saline County with the intention that the land would serve the dual purposes of education and conservation. In alignment with Hagg's vision, the Saline County Commission initiated the Oliver Hagg Memorial Scholarship in 2001.
This annual scholarship grants $1,000 to a Saline County high school senior, assisting them as they embark on post-secondary education, specifically in the field of agriculture.
Eligibility and Application Requirements:
- Residency in Saline County.
- Anticipation of spring graduation and subsequent enrollment in college or vocational school for the fall term.
- Pursuit of a major or trade in agriculture.
- Submission of three letters of recommendation (teachers, community leaders, or club advisors are ideal references).
- Completion and submission of the Oliver Hagg Memorial Scholarship application.
- Scholarship funds are directed to the recipient's chosen educational institution.
- Recipients have the potential to renew the scholarship for up to three subsequent years, contingent upon retaining a minimum 3.0 GPA and persisting in an agricultural course of study.
Applications are due at the Saline County Livestock and Expo Center Office, located at 900 Greeley, Salina, KS 67401, by March 8, 2024.
For full scholarship criteria information or to apply, visit the links below.